Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted video

(Topic created on: 21-06-2022 08:45 PM)
hamar1
Pathfinder
Options

Hello,

I deleted a video when google photos could not synchronize it and moreover, I had not activated the trash can of the gallery. I also add that my onedrive space is full, that I did not this video on google drive nor on samsung cloud. So how do I recover my video? With applications on google play, it's useless because it only displays the videos already present on the smartphone (maybe it's because the deleted video is more than 1 gb). I also tried to root my phone to run an application to retrieve this video but it was also not possible to root my phone, no free application is compatible (Galaxy a70 - Android 11). And for pc apps, I can't afford to pay $80 a month to fetch the videos, and the free trials are too expensive either on phone or pc ($50 on average). So could you help me (don't tell me you had to activate the recycle bin before, etc.)? I deleted this recent video 3 hours ago by accident when I wanted to watch it and I've been struggling for 3-4 hours doing that.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I think you have lost that video. The only way to access system files is by rooting the phone. When you root a phone all data gets erased making it harder to retrieve lost data. Even using recovery tools you may end up recovering a corrupt file. Large files are way more difficult to recover than small ones.
There are also security disadvantages in rooting a phone which apart from leaving it vulnerable means banking apps, TV apps eg Sky will no longer work.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.
0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
That sucks, I didn't know you had to activate the recycle bin, Is that a "A" series thing?.
The bin was/is enabled on all items by default on the s21(FE).

It doesn't help in this current situation but the Samsung smart switch app is free and will allow you to back up your images/videos to your pc/laptop for free (something to bare in mind for the future) if your not into cloud saving (due to space and/or subscription fees).

Like pug mentioned I wouldn't recommend rooting especially on the daily use device,as it opens the door for exploits and will likely disable banking apps and such due to the security being compromised.

I've lost lots of data (TBs) I didn't want to over the years so I feel your pain.

Best of luck but keep your expectations low.

All the best
0 Likes
hamar1
Pathfinder
Options

I disabled recycle, because it was annoying when I had to delete a photo to go all the time to the trash to delete it permanently. And there is a galaxy A

0 Likes
hamar1
Pathfinder
Options

I already tried to root the phone but I can't find any app to support my phone and it's very annoying.

My deleted video is a video of 15 minutes long and about 1gb 

0 Likes
hamar1
Pathfinder
Options

I know apps that cost $15 on google play that seem to work but I have a doubt. Can it work?

0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
It's there for accidental deletes, it removes them automatically after 30 days I believe. It can also be added to home screen to save a few clicks in menus in the event you want to empty it manually.
In any event best of luck.
0 Likes
Higherbrooms
First Poster
Options
I'm trying to retrieve accidentally deleted photos from Gallery. Instructions said to open Google Photos App, go to bottom & tap Library Bin etc but there is nothing appropriate nor helpful on the page. Help, please. Higherbrooms
0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
Your recycle bin on your device (at least on mine) can be found in :-
Settings > battery and device care > storage

It maybe in there if your lucky, alternatively it may be in your Google photos app under :-

Library (bottom screen icon) > Bin (top of screen)

Best of luck
0 Likes
hamar1
Pathfinder
Options

It's useless to tell me how to activate recycle bin, because I reactivated it, BUT unfortunately even if you activate it 2 minutes after deleting the video, the video is still deleted. And google photos did not work because I had no wifi but only 4g connection

0 Likes