Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged motherboard of Samsung Galaxy M31 after software update.

(Topic created on: 07-10-2022 03:42 PM)
Yash Bodkhe
Student
Options

I am using Samsung Galaxy M31 from last 2 years. Recently I got an software update. After updating the mobile, my mobile started to restart automatically and started to hang all of a sudden. And now my mobile is completely dead.

I visited Samsung Service center regarding this issue. I was told that the motherboard is damaged and the replacement cost for the same would be around 8000 Rs.

Samsung Service center, They also did the physical inspection of the phone but no physical damage is there to the phone. So the issue here is because of 'Software Update' from Samsung only.

I understand that my mobile is out of warranty .But the problem here is because of Software. There is not any kind of hardware damage to phone. If the problem here is because of Software, why should I pay any kind of amount ?Only Samsung should deal with such kind of case.

What if after the warranty period gets over and I get an update, and again after updating the software the motherboard gets damaged? No can spend 8,000rs again and again that too over an software issue.

4 REPLIES 4
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
If in UK you would have probably been covered for it. I had similar with a 3XL outside of warranty and got it replaced foc.
Yash Bodkhe
Student
Options

I am in India right now.

And I am getting very poor response from Samsung.

0 Likes
browser
First Poster
Options

I really want to trust Samsung because I believe it's a good brand it's causing a problem here and I mean Samsung if you want to make us believe that your product is good you have to show the product itself is good, but I'm facing a Same issue here with m31 ,and about the service it's real bad .in fact i have a family member with an SM30 with the same issue and what do the service center says "motherboard replacement is needed". Why woud we have replace it again and again . The money spent is now already twice the amount of the phone. Who would spend on it rather than that it's better to buy a new phone which is not Samsung we are getting a very bad service here in India from Samsung it's totally bad. Why do we have to spend on a problem which is caused by a software update brought by Samsung .

0 Likes
Rajesh panwar
First Poster
Options

Hi Yash, 

I am also facing same issue. What did you do after it, buy new one or get it fixed by Samsung?

0 Likes