Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complains about samsung care+

(Topic created on: 28-01-2022 01:18 PM)
Members_SfUkQVV
First Poster
Options

In late August 2021 I purchase Galaxy Z Flip 3 and Samsung Care+ was included with it. 

On January 15 I accidentally dropped my phone and cracked the main screen with heavy scratches to the outer screen. After a week of struggles my phone was collected a few days ago and yesterday, I received an invoice for excess of £99. On the day of purchase, I received the email with T&Cs of the Samsung care+ where it clearly says the deductible is £52. I called the customer service, tried via chat and Samsung keeps saying that £99 is the correct excess and referring me to their website for T&Cs. I don't care what the website says now, it can be edited any minute. I have the T&Cs at the moment of purchase and the excess is £52. The representative on chat promised me that I will get a call from Senior Manager today at 10 am, but no one called me. 

It's day 14 now since my phone is broken. Due to the nature of my job the smartphone is essential for me.  Really disappointed in Samsung. I used almost every Samsung starting from the Galaxy s1 which I bought in 2010. I always recommended Samsung to my friends and relatives, persuaded many iPhone users to switch to Samsung. But will never do that again. If this issue will not be resolved by end of today I will go to Small Claims Court and recover not only the cost of the phone but also my daily rate of all days that I was not to do my job properly due to this issue.Screenshot 2022-01-27 134453.png

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You will probably find in the terms and conditions about subject to change or specific information regarding repairs.
It's got a double asterisk next to it. There will be something in the small print to advise further.
Would advise carefully going through that before proceeding further with what you want to do.
By having accepted the terms and conditions, which you would have done to get that cover. You would have been advised to read and understand them before accepting.

It's surprising how many just accept without properly reading the T&C's
I'm guilty of it at times especially if I'm in a rush.
0 Likes
Members_SfUkQVV
First Poster
Options

I did my homework and read the whole T&Cs, there is no wording about the subject to change. Here is the screenshot with the reference to those asterisk.

Screenshot 2022-01-28 131019.png

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Strange then that they are saying a different amount 🤔
Was going to say maybe as damage to more than one part, but it would be £104 if they were doing two parts as separate claims.
0 Likes
Members_SfUkQVV
First Poster
Options

Very strange. I called customer service numerous times already and they keep insisting that the excess is £99 for any Samsung care+ product. And I am only claiming the main screen. So definitely for one part repair only

0 Likes