Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat features removed in latest version of Samsung messages?

(Topic created on: 18-01-2023 04:18 AM)
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Just read someone's post about chat features not working in Samsung messages. A moderator put this at the end of the reply. 
In regard to the chat features this has been removed on the latest versions of the Samsung Messages app. In order to use this you will need to use Google Messages.
Mine is still working at the moment. Not too happy about it if it's true. I prefer Samsung messages and use chat feature's.😔 Really hope it's false info. Anyone else heard they were doing away with chat in Samsung messages. 
49 REPLIES 49
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi Fiona26, I thought this to be the case, but I found out what the issue is with the Samsung message app & signing in to a different settings in Google, you have to scroll down to Google in the settings & double check you are signed in to the (Manage your Google account) option.
Also, make sure to go into settings, then connection then go down to more connection settings, then toggle on (rich communications), and you should be good to go.
Hope this helps1674015059781_1674015059775_0.jpg
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hi Blessed4life, it's not me having issues with Samsung messages chat. Mines working fine. I was just mentioning the moderators reply to someone else's post on here. Saying, chat is basically no longer available in Samsung messages. Been removed in latest versions. So if you use rcs messaging you need to use Google messages. Just hope that isn't true as I prefer using Samsung messages.
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi Fiona26, yeah I thought as much it wasn't for you, but sometimes the moderators might get it wrong, I'm on the latest Samsung message as far as I know & my chat service is working without any issues.
Screenshot_20230118_063331_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20230118_063344_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20230118_063436_Messages.jpg
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I do  not have  a problem  with Chat in Samsung Messages either,cetainly ensure Rich communications is toggled on in Settings. According to this article it depends on your carrier activating the the advanced  Messaging Services for the stock samsung App.  However it is specifically referring to the U.S    https://www.androidcentral.com/how-set-rcs-chat-samsung-phones 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Bujubantan2
Apprentice
Options
Since I get this message from the Samsung to update the device my phone be very hot and the volume gone down!
Please_help_ll
Explorer
Options

i just got the new s23 ultra unlocked from samsung....and the chat feature is missing on this phone...i goto goolge messages and make that my default and it appears in both setting for samsung and google messages...but once i make samsung messages my default the chat feature disappears on samsung messages....any one else notice this?

please help...ll

busa2006
First Poster
Options

that doesn't show your app version at all my version is 14.1.20.14

0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, yep it's the same as yours.
Version 14.1.20.14Screenshot_20230314_073058_Settings_1000001605_1678779066.jpg
0 Likes
Please_help_ll
Explorer
Options

Hi, I am on the latest Samsung messages APP... please see ATTACHED... also I am on the unlocked version and it's not giving me the option for RCS.. I also went into the connections in the settings area and it's not giving me the option and then some more connections and it's not giving me the option to check rcs either.. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_20230314_112525_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20230314_112511_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20230314_113224_Settings.jpg

0 Likes