Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Charged for a free item?

(Topic created on: 06-10-2020 04:18 AM)
richimpulse
Student
Options

Hi guys, I got the new 'free' fortnite glow skin yesterday on my S7.

I now have a charge on my bank statement from samsungapps?

Now the charge is only for £0.15, but there was no mention of this in the process, the skin shows as £0.00 in the store?

Is this some form of authorization fee? I've never purchased anything on the phone before so not sure why this has happened.

Thanks 

28 REPLIES 28
Jaxon
First Poster
Options

no i didn't. its only 15p. didn't really affect me. but I did get told i WILL get refunded.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

It's $50 for me. I don't understand why they would do this without a warning or a receipt  to at least show what the charge was for.

Chris5355
Student
Options

I keep getting a recurring 15p charge in my bank when i say recurring  i mean i noticed the odd 15p charge here and there but now its happening  more regular  almost weekly now and its really hacked me off  as Samsung says i have no charges or subscriptions on my account  but they are taking it from the account  regular enough under the name of SAMSUNGAPPS SCHWALBACH AM DEU

AndrewL
Options

@Chris5355, As per the solution to this thread, this sounds like a temporary card verification transaction that you ultimately won't be charged for. 

0 Likes
Chris5355
Student
Options

I have not made any purchases or downloads for quite a while.

Why does it need to continuously verify, I could understand if it was making purchases or downloads 

Shadrach
First Poster
Options

Samsung please respond to this, i also have same issue. This is an inconvenience 

kaniki
First Poster
Options

i was charged for free item £6.49

0 Likes
Mumoffour
Apprentice
Options
hi I've been charged £5.19 to a company called scwalbach or something along them lines and I don't know what its for. Any help would be appreciated
0 Likes
Vy
First Poster
Options

have you got refunded? I have been charged with the same description after I added my credit card to Samsung Pass without making any purchases. I think it is fraudelent transaction so I removed the card detail straight away

Ahmadz
First Poster
Options

I also have the same problem, pls samsung, how can I claim reversal