Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for a free item?

(Topic created on: 28-09-2019 11:58 AM)
richimpulse
Student
Options

Hi guys, I got the new 'free' fortnite glow skin yesterday on my S7.

I now have a charge on my bank statement from samsungapps?

Now the charge is only for £0.15, but there was no mention of this in the process, the skin shows as £0.00 in the store?

Is this some form of authorization fee? I've never purchased anything on the phone before so not sure why this has happened.

Thanks 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi all. :smiling-face:

We checked into this for you, and can confirm that it's a card authentication/verification transaction that you won't ultimately be charged for. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

View solution in context

28 REPLIES 28
Kris_Evans
First Poster
Options

I have had this occur too (and for the same Fortnite skin) on both mine and my son's Note 8s.

I suspect it is a means of verifying the credit card / debit card details I submitted in each instance (that was still required for the 'purchase' of the FREE skin).

I hope/suspect that the amounts will be refunded once cleared, however, I would appreciate some confirmation that this is the case.

Solution
AntS
Options

Hi all. :smiling-face:

We checked into this for you, and can confirm that it's a card authentication/verification transaction that you won't ultimately be charged for. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

micheal070
First Poster
Options
Which banpass have you used
0 Likes
richimpulse
Student
Options

Excellent, thank you very much for your response 😊

0 Likes
Eduardo93
First Poster
Options

Excused me I recently purchased the Glow Skin Item and I got charged a $1 for the transaction and I haven't been refounded the money!

0 Likes
Jaxon
First Poster
Options

This happend to me too. It didn't really worry me as it was only 15p but I did feel scammed out of a tiny bit of money because the item as it says free you'd expect it to be free. 

0 Likes
Useful62
First Poster
Options

After registration with Samsung pass, I received this notification. 

"The Naira equivalent of USD50.00 has been authorized for the Transaction done on SAMSUNG ELECTRONIC SCHWALBACH AM DE"

And checking my account balance, I noticed the money has been deducted without my authorization or buying anything.  Pls, how can I claim reversal??

theo851
Apprentice
Options

Was it reversed? I have the same problem too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Did you eventually get refunded?

0 Likes