Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Change samsung pay location

(Topic created on: 16-06-2020 05:07 PM)
Mike16
First Poster
Options

I bought my phone in HK but I live in the UK and want to change the base to UK but don't know how. Help would be appreciated 

63 REPLIES 63
invisible999
Apprentice
Options

>>If you side load the latest Spay v3.9 which is meant for Malaysia

0 Likes
tamimaleter
First Poster
Options

@Xessive wrote:
I have a Galaxy Note 9 from Australia and I live in the UAE. The Samsung Pay shows only Australian content.

I flashed the device with the official UAE firmware (XSG). Samsung Pay works with my UAE cards and has no issues processing payments in local shops. It just keeps showing Australian ads and offers that don't apply to the UAE.

Hello dear

how you did it

im face the same problem 

also when i try to change to uae ver not accepting the flash , i must did root and change bootlader also , then will not work Samsung pay and the secure folder , so its big problem

thanks

0 Likes
Gooby
First Poster
Options

Hi, I recently got a new phone. I was wondering if doing this would void the warranty of the phone?

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
My Samsung Pay app accepts my swedish credit card but not my debit card from the same bank. I beleive that the problem might be that my Samsung account being brittish rather than my phone. So my question is how do I change the country of my account. Both cards are on the list of accepted cards....
0 Likes
xyes
First Poster
Options

If your phone is locked to carrier on region, whichever apk version you load also won't work, especially some models don't have a carrier-free firmware available.

If you've a universal firmware on your phone, usually the restart in new country SIM would reset the region to allow the use of Spay but the content may still be in the original region's.

Anyway, I'll switch to Gpay & other virtual credit card platforms as soon as they become available in my country, as Spay has nothing good in offer to use them other than the convenience.

0 Likes
SyedAbdal
First Poster
Options

Do you still receive software updates like before?

0 Likes
Reflash
First Poster
Options

I need to do that for the note 10 5g, where do you find which is tje firmware in this case for USA?

0 Likes
Chek
First Poster
Options
I'm on a UK phone set up in English with a UK Sim card and my Samsung pay is saying it is in Dubai?!
0 Likes
Hussain Kanchwala
First Poster
Options

I live in U.A.E but the phone is korean version and ask for korean sim to use samsung pay. How can i flash the device?

0 Likes
xyes
First Poster
Options

For most cases, if the csc of the phone is locked to certain country, like my S10 5G is a Korean, sideloading SPay for Malaysia won't work, it'll just close with a message prompt that the version is made for other country & Korean SPay won't let me add a credit card as the framework needa be connected to a Korean carrier's server to validate the SIM's owner.
Hence, the sideload is only to get SPay to work, but adding a credit card to SPay is a different story, that really depends on the SPay version the phone has.

0 Likes