Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cannot see / download any media in my Samsung cloud gallery on my PC

(Topic created on: 14-05-2020 12:59 PM)
PitRejection235
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I've got pictures & videos saved to my Samsung Cloud Gallery from my S9+. I want to download them all to my PC. When i log into the samsung cloud website on my PC, there is no way to see the media in the gallery - all i get is a screen with status of the storage I've used, backup status, etc. There is no way to launch the gallery from my web browser to see the photos I want to download to my PC.

How do I see and download them?

Go to solution
33 REPLIES 33
Spetz
Explorer
Options

Barbara..

Youre using a mobile or computer? Either way, the link definitely works

Mobile: click the 3 dots in top left corner, click my data, login, first page = request download

Computer: click my data after login etc and it should take you to the same page.

Make sure youre actually clicking on request download

Hope it works out for you

0 Likes
Johnny13
First Poster
Options

I find this situation very frustrating to the point that I am losing confidence in Samsung.  

I have never had this problem with Google Photo or with iPhoto, being able to move easily back and forth between my phone and my desktop. 

Since my USB port is shot, Samsung Cloud is my only option.  

btw  bought the iPhone SE today.  Doubt that I will have this problem any more.  

0 Likes
Jayeezy
First Poster
Options

Thanks for this, my S7 edge completely died due to the motherboard failing and this method of accessing the cloud worked to retrieve some data. 

However, how do I go about transferring these files onto my new phone? I have downloaded my data from the cloud and done the extraction process, but the data ( 'contacts' for example ) is an .csv format in which the spreadsheet is very cluttered and not organised. I can just about make out the phone numbers and contact names by scrolling through multiple cells - I could manually input this information on my new phone but I have a lot of contacts.

I'm wondering what the next step is in order to transfer these files onto my new phone ( I have a Huawei for the time being ) or make it easily viewable on my PC as the Excel spreadsheets which contain data such as my SMS messages are very cluttered and in some form of coding language.

Thanks

0 Likes
catten
Apprentice
Options

I did not get a password in my email from Samsung. There is only a button 'Go to request detail' which takes you to 'My Data' in the Samsung Privacy website. When clicking into 'Download' there is also no place to click 'send me my password'.  How else can I get a password? Is the password an auto-generated one from Samsung or is it the password of my Samsung account?

0 Likes