Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cannot see / download any media in my Samsung cloud gallery on my PC

(Topic created on: 16-06-2020 11:15 AM)
PitRejection235
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I've got pictures & videos saved to my Samsung Cloud Gallery from my S9+. I want to download them all to my PC. When i log into the samsung cloud website on my PC, there is no way to see the media in the gallery - all i get is a screen with status of the storage I've used, backup status, etc. There is no way to launch the gallery from my web browser to see the photos I want to download to my PC.

How do I see and download them?

33 REPLIES 33
Rockport
First Poster
Options

Any new info on when this glitch is going to be resolved???

0 Likes
jnieman
First Poster
Options

Any update here?

I received an email saying my all my cloud data will be deleted in one month because of 12 months of inactivity but I can't even do anything in samsung cloud because it only shows statistics and doesn't let me download the data to my PC. I've never heard of a cloud like this. This is unacceptable.

NomaJ
Journeyman
Options

Hi All

This is what Customer Service has sent me.  Not sure if it is any help to any of you?  

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

I understand from your inquiry that you were unable to access your Gallery data through Samsung Cloud website.

Samsung Cloud Web currently only provides a dashboard service for the time being.

After improving the security features, we plan to reopen it in July. To use this feature, please keep the Samsung Cloud app up to date.

If you install Samsung Gallery on window10 OS, you can download the synchronized photos.

Please search Samsung Gallery in Microsoft store or install it through the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/samsung-gallery/9nblggh4n9r9?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Please note that you still can see or download your data on Samsung Cloud with your Galaxy phones or tablets.

Alternatively, , please access to http://privacy.samsung.com and then ask to download your data.
Go to my Data > sign in Samsung account > Download data > Request download > Select Samsung Cloud > Request a download.

Banel
First Poster
Options

And this sucks !!! This is reddicelius that you can not see your own files !! Just accept that Sumsung cloud sucks! Im not gonna use it anymore. Meehh

0 Likes
Banel
First Poster
Options

Bc it sucks!!!!

0 Likes
Spetz
Explorer
Options

I've been speaking with support for a few hours and they are basically just avoiding the question/situation. 2 different people have told me that i should simply use smart switch to recover the data from cloud, then download it on my phone. This of course makes no logical sense because the files on cloud are not a 'back up' - they are simply files on a cloud. I can actually see all of them on my phone when i go into the cloud app, but of course can't do anything with them, i can only delete them or view them.

They are being absolute fools... 2 of them told me to use smart switch. I followed her advice then she went on to say smart switch is just used for back up and restore. So i said "yes that's what i told you before". She then made another few options for me then just said "the only way to do this is via smart switch, you need to get the files on your phone first before you can transfer to your PC."

Back and fourth.... if i haven't backed up to smart switch then of course if i restore, it will just restore the back up...not stuff from the cloud.

Cloud is broken. They are just avoiding it. 

Please everyone update if you have success

0 Likes
NomaJ
Journeyman
Options
Oh, and I can't use Smartswitch either as for some reason I kept getting an error message. *****
0 Likes
NomaJ
Journeyman
Options
"Please note that you still can see or download your data on Samsung Cloud with your Galaxy phones or tablets."

- This is not true. You can not download your data from the Cloud. Which is what my original problem was.

"Alternatively, please access to http://privacy.samsung.com and then ask to download your data.
Go to my Data > sign in Samsung account > Download data > Request download > Select Samsung Cloud > Request a download."

I have done this and downloaded the file, however the file format they provided the data in has an extension I have no idea what it is and my computer doesn't recognise it (and therefore can't open it).
Spetz
Explorer
Options

'Please note that you still can see or download your data on Samsung Cloud with your Galaxy phones or tablets."

Also, i don't believe this is possible for me either. I can view the photos on cloud on my phone, but i can only view them and delete them, not actually download them...

0 Likes
Spetz
Explorer
Options

Hey, how long did it take you to recieve the download link? I just requested it myself also

0 Likes