Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cannot see / download any media in my Samsung cloud gallery on my PC

(Topic created on: 17-05-2020 10:29 AM)
PitRejection235
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I've got pictures & videos saved to my Samsung Cloud Gallery from my S9+. I want to download them all to my PC. When i log into the samsung cloud website on my PC, there is no way to see the media in the gallery - all i get is a screen with status of the storage I've used, backup status, etc. There is no way to launch the gallery from my web browser to see the photos I want to download to my PC.

How do I see and download them?

33 REPLIES 33
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Have you still got the items on your phone, @PitRejection235? Have a look at this useful link for transferring media from your phone to your PC.

0 Likes
PitRejection235
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately not, hence the need to copy from the cloud to my PC. Why can't I see any of my media in the cloud, or donlwnload it to my PC? Surely this is basic standard stuff from cloud storage?!

CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @PitRejection235! I can confirm that it is not possible to view the data saved on the Cloud from the PC, you can only see the statistics. The data is there but can only be restored from the phone. I would recommend usign Smart Switch to back up your data on your PC and at the same time you have access to it, you can download this software on your PC from here

PitRejection235
Apprentice
Options

OK thanks @CarloL

0 Likes
FlorieJoy
Samsung Helper
Options
Thanks for the insight and helpful advice
0 Likes
NomaJ
Journeyman
Options

Hi, please help!  I also have this problem.  I have downloaded smartswitch however when I connect my phone to my PC I receive a message that says "Unsupported Device"  The connected device is not supported by smartswitch.  I have a Galaxy S9.  I am desperate to retrieve files from my cloud that have been deleted from my phone in error.  PLEASE is there any other way to view and download files from the cloud back to either my phone or my PC???!  Thank you!

0 Likes
Anabaric
First Poster
Options

has this changed recently then?

Because 100% you used to be able to download pictures via the web gallery interface.

And there is still images and instructions on the samsung websites?

Annotation 2020-05-19 112437.png

0 Likes
Anabaric
First Poster
Options

Also this conversation I had with support today:

Annotation 2020-05-19 113423.png

0 Likes
Genwrx
First Poster
Options

I am also having this problem, support told me that the website is outdated and it can only be accessed through the phone. i dont really believe that and i think it is a new problem because it was working like a week or two ago.

0 Likes