Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot convert HDR10+ upon sharing

(Topic created on: 15-01-2022 04:23 PM)
tweetatoo
Navigator
Options

Hallo Samsung!

After updating my Note 20 Ultra to Android 12 I have been facing an annoying and frustrating issue, where my HDR10+ videos cannot be converted anymore when sharing to WhatsApp, Messenger, etc. The feature has been completely disabled and removed from the settings of your Gallery App!!!

I hope, this issue will get repaired before Android 13, as Samsung you are horrible on fixing the problems!!!!

11 REPLIES 11
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I thought most members would know by now that Android 12 comes from Google. It seems that Android 12 automatically changes the encoding when used by an app not supporting Hdr10. I don't know if this works with WhatsApp so have you tried uploading a video directly?
0 Likes
tweetatoo
Navigator
Options

The issue does not have anything to do with Android 12. The issue is in OneUI 4.0 and specifically within the Samsung Gallery app, as the feature has been completely disabled. If Google changed encoding technologies within Android 12, Samsung should have implemented this.

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you tried uploading an HDR10 video to WhatsApp?
0 Likes
tweetatoo
Navigator
Options

Sure! I uploaded a one captured with the camera and a one edited and trimmed using the video editor.

Both uploaded with horrible washed out quality or darkened quality and the one edited uploaded without audio.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try Gallery, 3dot menu, select video player, select 3dot menu (top right),select editor, 3dot menu bottom right and select size and format.
I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for as I don't do social media.
tweetatoo
Navigator
Options

Nope, you got me wrong my friend ... my issue isn't the video editing ...

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The converter that I found was marked as new in video editor. I thought it may have been Samsung moving things again. It does change resolution which is why I thought it was what you were after.
Sorry I couldn't help.
0 Likes
tweetatoo
Navigator
Options

Samsung is not fixing the issue with HDR10+!! Come on Samsung, why do you keep removing features in upcoming updates?!

Members_e97mmZ4
First Poster
Options

I fully echo the problem!

Today I tried to share HDR 10+ video and did not succeed since this auto conversion feature existed before is now gone! What is the alternative, Samsung?! Why to remove features without giving alternatives?

0 Likes