Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can WhatsApp have 2 numbers in one app when using dual SIM (1 physical, 1 eSIM)

(Topic created on: 13-02-2021 01:37 PM)
LouNLots
Student
Options
Hi

I've had to add a second SIM to my personal phone for work.
I use WhatsApp for work and would like to have a separate WhatsApp account for my work SIM (physical card) on my Samsung S20+5G.
Is this possible? How do I do it?
Have just moved my personal mobile account to eSIM as is a Pay Monthly. Work number is PAYG.
Thanks in advance
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
LeoXXL
Pioneer
Options
I don't know if you can use same WhatsApp but two numbers on the same phone yes, you need to download the second copy of WhatsApp where you can select which contact can go to the second sim/WhatsApp
0 Likes
LouNLots
Student
Options
Thanks Leo. I have set up dual accounts and cloned WhatsApp. Just waiting for work people to send me a message to check it works 👍
Eagerbeaver23
First Poster
Options

I had forgotten that apps can be cloned, but I put all my work stuff in the secure folder (Outlook, Slack, WhatsApp, etc).

This prevents my workman's personal.stuff mingling with each other.

0 Likes
PsycodellicKido
First Poster
Options
Did it worked?
0 Likes
krazzykate
Apprentice
Options
phycadelickid it did, seem to have worked,but i have to keep on refreshing it, in morning,as i turn off all contacts at night,is this stateing a flaw? or is it just something ill have to routinely doalso there are BIG , road cable workings going on in the area ,as we were quite out in the " sticks" here,not anymore, green belt slowly ,dissapearing, mmmm.
0 Likes