Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Spotify from Galaxy Store for Galaxy Watch Active2

(Topic created on: 07-01-2021 11:06 AM)
marsovc
Journeyman
Options

I have purchased today a Galaxy Watch Active2 specifically for running and gym purposes since I would like to leave my phone in the locker or at home. 

Upon opening the Galaxy Store on my phone I can find Spotify under applications but the store doesn't let me click on the application or to install it.  If I try this with any other application there isn't a problem. Only Spotify. 

I know that Spotify wasn't available in my country (Slovenia) before, but it is now. So I am thinking it might be related to this. Also, I have a premium account, so this shouldn't be an issue.

Did anyone have a similar issue and knows how to resolve it?

23 REPLIES 23
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options

Hey there!

Where are you trying to install Spotify from?

You should be able to find the Spotify Watch Plugin in the Galaxy Apps store on your Watch itself. If that fails, check out Galaxy Apps on your phone.

Hope this helps,

Tom :smiling-face:

0 Likes
marsovc
Journeyman
Options

It doesn't work either from Galaxy Apps store or on the Watch itself.

In comparison when I search for Spotify on the Galaxy Apps store it finds two results under apps:

- Spotify

- TIDAL

When I press on Spotify nothing happens, when I press on TIDAL it starts with the installation process.

CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
So TIDAL works but Spotify doesn't? Sounds like your watch might have tried to install Spotify and gotten itself corrupted - maybe try a reset on the watch and see if Spotify'll install 🙂
0 Likes
marsovc
Journeyman
Options

Nope, restore of the watch didn't work.

On Watch the search doesn't even show the spotify.

And in the Galaxy App store it is the same as before - when clicking on the spotify app nothing happens.

CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options

Hey again Marsovc!

Sorry I didn't reply yesterday - I was exploring my new Galaxy Watch so I could work out what to advise next

By the looks of it, I'm thinking it might be related to Spotify only recently becoming available in your country.

Maybe try installing Spotify by using a VPN of your choice on your phone, let us know how that goes.

If that doesn't work, you might be able to sideload Spotify on your watch, but that's a risky move as you can't guarantee the package won't have malicious code that could break your watch.

All the best,

Tom :smiling-face:

0 Likes
mariobm
Student
Options

"Recently" is 6 months and in the meantime Samsung released new watch (Galaxy Watch 3) and still the spotify is not working in Slovenia. For instance Apple has working Spotify on their watches.

Spotify Is Now Available in Russia, Croatia, Ukraine, and 10 Other European Markets — Spotify

I have a feeling that we're just neglected.

EDIT: Apparently, we're getting ECG and blood pressure monitor:
Samsung brings ECG and blood pressure measurements to Galaxy Watches across 31 countries - GSMArena
Still no news about Spotify availability.

0 Likes
Feralcan
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, cannot install Spotify to active watch 2. It can be found in Wear App Store but the page cannot be opened. 

0 Likes
domci
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same problem. This needs to be resolved. I want someone from Samsung to take immediate action. It is completely unacceptable that it is still not available in Slovenia one year later. I have been dealing with this problem for almost a year now, every time I contact Samsung or Spotify support those incompetent agents blame each other. Can someone please get in touch with the responsible team, I'm sure its a 2 minute fix.

bibatone
First Poster
Options

Another Slovene here. Being able to use Spotify on my smartwatch was one of the key factors for me to buy this watch. And now I can't do that. I feel like I've been scammed. Thank you Samsung!

marsovc
Journeyman
Options

I have the same success rate. Multiple support requests to either one resulted in absolutely abysmal support. As you said I also believe that the issue can be resolved quickly if just anyone from either company took a look at it.

0 Likes