Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can't download Samsung pay on galaxy s10 and on galaxy watch active 2

(Topic created on: 26-06-2020 01:47 AM)
Flex05
Student
Options

Hey, I bought a samsung galaxy watch active 2 and now I want to use Samsung pay. But I can't download samsung pay on my phone and on my watch.

24 REPLIES 24
Mumzel
Student
Options

I purchased my active 2 from amazon. Had the same issue. 

Turns out its a German model. 

Amazon are aware and don't put this on the listing. 

They will show you to return it for a full refund and a of you haggle, a compensating amazon voucher.

Unless the country which your model is from starts to use samsung pa , then it won't be available on the watch, regardless of being in a country that does allow Samsung pay. 

The watch needs a complete reflash to UK standards. Not sure if Samsung actually do that or not

SaiMgr
First Poster
Options

Ikr i just bought active 2 form amazon and i can't use samsung pay. The worst part is amazon didn't mention it on their website 

edgarcosta
Journeyman
Options

Yes its the same for a lot of people. 

To me its crazy that samsung does not provide a simple solution to this. This should be easily fixable by some sort of software update.

The only way out is to risk your watch and do a manual Region change following some online tutorial 

Mumzel
Student
Options

I complained long and hard and they tried to offer £10 compensation. They then said they would give a full refund if I returned it. As I was shielding due to Covid, I told them that I couldn't go out to post the watch. 

After much deliberation, they gave me a full refund and told me that I could keep the watch and do what I wished with it...sell it keep it or dispose of it!!!!

0 Likes
Rosita_Linda26
First Poster
Options

I bought my Active 2 Watch off Ebay and when I received it, the watch was in Spanish, but once I paired my phone to the watch it changed to English. I have a Note 10+ and I use Samsung Pay, and would really like to use it on my watch as well. Samsung Pay app does not appear on the wearable app and I've tried holding the top right button to see of it will pop up, but nothing. Any help on what I can do?

0 Likes