Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't attach photos or gifs to messages

(Topic created on: 01-06-2020 02:41 PM)
sansammy
First Poster
Options

Hello! I've been having some trouble recently with my S9 - for some reason I can't attach any photos to any of my text messages, or even send a picture via mms. It's not that I get an error when I try to send, it's that I don't get the option anymore. If I press the little +-icon, the only options I get are to schedule or send an automated response. If I try to go through the gallery to share it from there, the option to share it though the messages app isn't there. I've tried clearing the cache, I've checked what permissions the app has, I reset it and I cleared the data and it still doesn't work. It also seems that I'm not recieving any pictures that are sent to me via messages/mms.

Grateful for any help I can get

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @sansammy, that's an odd one. Have you checked with your network if MMS is enabled/available for you, as this is a network service?
0 Likes
sansammy
First Poster
Options

Hello! Yes, I have, and I have made sure that the network settings are correct as well - I updated them just to be sure. I honestly have no idea what it could be, I just noticed one day that I couldn't attach or send pictures vis mms or the messages app. The only new app I've installed recently is Facebook Messenger, but I still use the messages app as my standard.

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks for that. Can you just confirm the software version the phone's on? Settings > About phone > Software info.

Also, are you able to try this SIM in another compatible phone to see if MMS is available there?
0 Likes
sansammy
First Poster
Options

It says One UI-version 2.0 and Android version 10.

I unfortunately don't have any other phone nearby that I could try it on, at least not at the moment.

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

If you could try with another device it would be great. Also, are you not receiving nor sending MMS messages to and from any contact or is this issue limited to only one contact? Does your network plan covers MMS messages? 

0 Likes
sansammy
First Poster
Options

It's all contacts, and it seems it's both sending and recieving mms. Regular texts go through both ways just fine. And yes, my network plan covers mms messages. I'm going to try and get a hold of another phone to try my SIM-card in.

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

No problem. Another step you can try is to change the carrier/network on your device if available: Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Network operators > Select manually > Use a different operator. Try also in Safe Mode: turn your phone off, then back on and when you spot the Samsung logo on the screen, press and hold the Volume Down button until Safe Mode is displayed (to exit Safe Mode restart the phone). If these steps don't help, let's see what happens with another device.