Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a person I sold my phone to recover my personal photos & videos after I've done a factory reset?

(Topic created on: 08-07-2022 10:27 PM)
Rozh
Apprentice
Options

Hi, i sold my samsung galaxy a20 recently and i perform factory reset. is the person who bought my phone can recover my personal photo and videos?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

No, but prior to the factory reset did you remove your Google account? If you didn't the purchaser won't be able to use your phone.

0 Likes
Rozh
Apprentice
Options

yes, i removed google account but i did not remove samsung account, is make problem?

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

No, they can remove that with a factory reset.

0 Likes
Rozh
Apprentice
Options

ok, many thanks

S a m _-_ S u n g
Helping Hand
Options

@Pugs1957, factory reset setting phone to default, that's mean that Google account is cleaned too. Usually that's how working factory reset in many phones. I do not think in Samsung is different. Most important to do not do restore from back up which usually is doing automatic if i understand right in Samsung devices. About recovery, i agree too, that can't be recovery i think, but i always doing clean install of OS most time.

0 Likes
S a m _-_ S u n g
Helping Hand
Options

@Rozh, yes this is bad (if really Samsung account stand in your old phone), because possible to restore personal information which is backed up with Samsung account. You had to remove all accounts. But as i mentioned to @Pugs1957 factory reset of phone had to remove all accounts. So question did you really saw that Samsung account is still in phone? I do not know how working in Samsung devices, but my opinion have to be the same as is in most others manufacturers devices. Always check or everything is cleaned.

0 Likes
Rozh
Apprentice
Options

@S a m _-_ S u n g  actually after factory reset I checked, all account had been deleted!

0 Likes
S a m _-_ S u n g
Helping Hand
Options

@Rozh, as i mentioned to @Pugs1957 after factory reset have to be deleted all accounts, included Samsung. I'm happy if you solved your problem 😉

0 Likes