Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can a Note 8 use a Note 3 SIM card?

(Topic created on: 14-11-2020 02:04 AM)
dizze1020
Student
Options

Is it possible to take a SIM out of a Note 3 and use it in a Note 8?

Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
EtherealWolf
Journeyman
Options
if you have the sim adapter tool, you can cut the sim down to the right size as the note 8 uses a micro sim card, whereas the note 3 uses a standard sim card. you can also ask your network operator to get you a new sim with your current number :smiling-face:

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
EtherealWolf
Journeyman
Options
if you have the sim adapter tool, you can cut the sim down to the right size as the note 8 uses a micro sim card, whereas the note 3 uses a standard sim card. you can also ask your network operator to get you a new sim with your current number :smiling-face:
dizze1020
Student
Options

Thanks a lot for your help EtherealWolf.

I'm buying a refurbished Note 8 that comes without a SIM to replace my parents faltering Note 3 as a present. They are in their late 70s, not at all tech savvy and only use it for occasional calls, text and WhatsApp messaging, and the odd photo so just have a pay as you go but they do need a large screen.

I wanted to check first if they can use their existing SIM in the new phone or, if not, to get everything sorted in advance.

I will contact their provider to get a micro card

EtherealWolf
Journeyman
Options
its best to contact the provider as they can issue a replacement sim with the size you need for the phone. im glad I was able to help with your query, good luck!
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
theres 3 sim sizes...

1. old style full size.

2. micro sim.

3. nano sim.

Samsung Note 3 takes a Micro Sim. Samsung Note 8 takes the smaller Nano Sim.

sometimes if you check your Micro Sim and its not too old... you're able to pop out the Nano Sim size out. if its a really old style sim than rather cutting it down to size it is best contacting the network for a replacement sim like EtherealWolf said.
0 Likes
Anthlane
Journeyman
Options
I had a note 8 currently on a note 10plus
my personal opinion is not the best of phones for someone who isn't so tech savvy as there are endless options I forget half of the features are on there most of the time 🙃
0 Likes