Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call record

(Topic created on: 19-02-2023 08:49 AM)
wecka
First Poster
Options
Hi, I can't call record on my Samsung a53 it doesn't give the option on the call button with the 3 dots. Please can anyone help
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
In the UK? I could be wrong... but I believe that recording a call is NOT allowed on the UK. There are rules against recording a phone call in the UK due to data breach.

I know some countries allow it... the UK is not allowed.

Smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
keith30
Maestro
Options
If your in the UK then you can't, it's classed as illegal by UK law so until they is a law change your not allowed
0 Likes
Midge123
Voyager
Options
So can someone tell me how it's Ilegal when big companies say we are recording this call I recorded every phone call I get in am in UK as well as far as I am aware you must tell them you are recording this phone call and if they say yes then you can record thanks
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Midge123: I think it is more of a regulation issue. As you mentioned, if a person consents to being recorded during a call then you are not in breach of data protection regulations or privacy laws, but it would not be possible to govern this in any way if the feature was widely available, or a default option on our devices. 

0 Likes