Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar App

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 04:47 PM)
Cameltrader
Journeyman
Options

Hi, help please.

Is there a calendar app available that will display a notification on the locked home screen within a few days of an upcoming appointment.  The standard phone calendar available from Galaxy Store will not provide that functionality.

Thanks

Ron

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
dunno if its of any help, but the Samsung Calender app will allow you to change when you will see each individual notification. if, for example, you are baking a cake, you can set it to notify you in X minutes. If you have a dentists appointment next month, you can set it to notify you several days in advance. in all cases, you can snooze each notification. alternatively, you perhaps want to add a Calendar widget to an empty page on your phone. follow the process for installing widgets to your phone to add it.
AndrewL
Options

@Cameltrader: Further to the advice offered by @Steven9761, please swipe up from your Home Screen to access the Apps menu > Calendar > Tap on a date to create an event. In here you should see a bell symbol on the left hand side to represent notifications, which defaults to '10 Minutes Before'. Tap on this and change it to your preference, add any other details to the event and hit 'Save' at the bottom of the screen. Now, head to Settings > Apps > Calendar > Notifications > General Notifications > Lock Screen > Show Content. Go back and do the same for Other Notifications, and this will show your event notification details on your lock screen. I hope this helps. 

Cameltrader
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Steven, I had already tried the options you suggested however, I do appreciate your advice.  I have actually found an app "Calendar Notify" which sits behind the Samsung calendar and does exactly what I need. Cheers Ron

Cameltrader
Journeyman
Options

Andrew, as I said to Steven, I had already tried the various options on the Samsung Calendar to no avail, however, I also do appreciate your advice.  I have actually found an app "Calendar Notify" which sits behind the Samsung calendar and does exactly what I need. Cheers Ron

0 Likes