Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Calendar app stopped showing contacts' birthdays after 26th of June 2020

(Topic created on: 13-07-2020 08:11 PM)
ZephirSt
Student
Options

As per title, all my Google contacts' birthday events are gone. The specific calendar is enabled, and in fact I can see all the birthdays as normal, but only up until the end of June 2020. After that, most of them are gone. I can find one or two if I go forward many months, but all the ones in between (which are correctly showing in Google calendar itself) are just not there.

I am using a Galaxy S8.

11 REPLIES 11
wyse_terminal
Voyager
Options
Seems to be an issue with the app syncing with the Google servers as its not bringing all the information across.

Try to clear cache and data for the app or maybe to uninstall it wipe cache partition and then reinstall it again.
ZephirSt
Student
Options
I already tried deleting the cache and all the data, to no avail. Given it's the stock app, you cannot really uninstall it.
0 Likes
PTGB
First Poster
Options

Same issue encountered using the stock calendar app on my Galaxy Note 10+. Those with birthdays August onwards stopped showing. Been using Samsung phones for 10 years now and this is the first time it has happened.

NMH
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened with me. 

Hope we can get an answer soon. 

0 Likes
MHUK
First Poster
Options
Note 10 Lite, Same here, birthdays show in the Google calendar but not Samsung ... irritating
0 Likes
Solution
Hamid1177
First Poster
Options

It's a Google Calendar issue. On a PC log on your Google Calendar, next on the left side of the page click on "Other Calendars" > + > "Browse the Calendars of Interest" > under "Birthday" select "Your Contacts"
Now on your mobile calendar app, under your Google account activate "Birthdays" and then sync your calendar app in your mobile.

Razzd77
First Poster
Options

WOW - this is a life saver! Was thinking HOW come my calendar contacts went missing? Embedded deep inside the options - thank you Hamid1177!!

0 Likes
CAZZARUSS74
First Poster
Options

thanks - that worked for me!  much appreciated 

0 Likes
bentheexception
First Poster
Options

Did not work for me, my friend. Still birthdays are missing - some anniversaries are showing but as events now, not anniversaries... I have more than 4,000 contacts, all with birthdays and anniversaries stored in contacts. Samsung have asked me to factory reset but I can't see the point as the problem existed on my previous S10+ and now my new S22 ultra - can't be a hardware issue, must be software surely???

0 Likes