Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Bixby

(Topic created on: 24-07-2023 12:04 PM)
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
For me this name is quite hard to utilise.
Its a little bit complex in structure and compounded.
Who came up with this?
Why would you put an x in the middle of a name.
Imagine Samxsang. Very uncomfortable in my mouth🤧

Compare to Alexa or Siri or Google.
These are simple to say out. 

So please, if its just me okay I'll deal with it. But do a survey and if its more people, you might wanna send Bixby be to Rennala to be born anew🫠
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@BaronDigo  I find Bixby easy enough to say and it is shorter  than Samsung, know  though the x in the middle may not the most user friendly.  Think folk are used to it now anyway, apparently it was the top choice of millennials in focus groups  (though did not play so well with others).

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Samsung has always had a good nomenclature until "bixby". For me its really bad. It could have been simple
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Perhaps showing my age, but Bixby has always made me think of Bill Bixby from The Incredible Hulk: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Bixby 

Curious to know how you pronounce 'Bixby', @BaronDigo. I’ve always said it as Bicks-Bee. 

And from the other example of 'Alexa' you've given it appears less the 'x' in of itself but what it's followed by maybe? Unless it's the exact placing of the 'x' in the middle?

BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Haha, yes its the placement right in the middle and the repetition-like of the word sound Bee after the X. ". Alexa is quite bearable because the x is almost at the end. It doesnt feel like you are pausing to repeat "Ale". Its the same pronunciation for me too. Bicks-Bee. There is like Bee sound twice. Hope you get me
0 Likes