Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby routines suggestions and how to block calls?

(Topic created on: 04-06-2021 10:24 PM)
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Please add more Bixby routine options. It's kinda limited. For example I want to block all calls while playing a game without sending a refusing message, I want to Bluetooth to turn of automatically or after 5 minutes since I've disconnected a Bluetooth device such as Samsung Buds.

Also how to block calls on S10+? I can't find an option. 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Block only calls or calls and texts? Is it not possible just to airplane mode?

Also have you played around with Bixby Routines + yet? You can get it as an option if you have downloaded Samsung's Good Lock customisation app. You basically record a sequence of actions/touches as if you were doing a screen recording of what you would do without a Bixby routine to accomplish the action. It then saves that screen recording and replicates the actions you performed but much quicker.

There are now a much broader range of possibilities due to this, I've not had the time to experiment fully but I've done a few cool ones to realise it's got heaps of potential. But the pages you pass through or actions you conduct are based on touches on specific areas in the screen so if say a sequence of button presses or clicks to the end destination are not always located in the exact same place on the screen for whatever reason, it won't work. I found this out when trying to get a specific playlist to play when I enter my car but the playlist changes if you add extra playlists over time. Not much of an issue but I had another example that was better but it has eluded me.

Hope that makes a lick of sense.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A bit about the advanced options available via Good Lock here https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/05/02/samsungs-latest-good-lock-module-adds-powerful-new-options-... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

JosephPOP
First Poster
Options

Its Easy To Block Calls And Messages Simply Switch To Airplane Mode Or Just Setup DND Mode(Block Calls Only).

Hope It Will Work

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

@JosephPOP wrote:

Its Easy To Block Calls And Messages Simply Switch To Airplane Mode Or Just Setup DND Mode(Block Calls Only).

Hope It Will Work

How to activate DND?

Issue is that one call freezes the game while I'm playing it through mobile data.

0 Likes
wayneoo
First Poster
Options

To turn on DND follow this step

• Navigate: 
    Settings    
    Notifications .
  • Tap 
    Do not disturb .
  • Tap the 
    Do not disturb switch to turn on   or off  .
  • Tap the 
    switch to the right of the preferred schedule(s) to turn on or off.

To edit a schedule tap the existing schedule name (e.g., Sleeping) then perform the following:

To create a new schedule, tap 
    Add schedule .

• Enter or edit the schedule name.
  •  
  • Select the preferred day(s).

Selected when circle is present.
  •  
  • Tap 
    Start time to set the schedule start time then tap 
    Done .
  •  
  • Tap 
    End time to set the schedule end time then tap 
    Done .

• Tap Save.
  • From the 'Exceptions' section, tap 
    Calls, messages, and conversations .
  • Tap 
    Calls then select the preferred option (e.g., All, Contacts only, etc.).
  • Tap the 
    Repeat callers switch to turn on. When on, allows calls received from the same number more than once within 15 minutes.
  • Tap 
    Messages then select the preferred option (e.g., All, Contacts only, etc.).
  • Tap the 
    Back icon (upper-left) to return to the previous screen.
  • Tap 
    Alarms and Sounds .
  • Tap any of the following to turn on or off:

• Alarms
  •  
  • Media sound

• Touch sounds

• Calendar events

• Reminders
    and even in new, there is the game mode it which it automatically block calls and messages. but they allow a call if it is multiply calling because it can be emergency.
0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Thabk you i didn't realise that DND is do not disturb 🤦🏻‍♂️. I'm using that. I meant how to disable all calls while playing games kn mobile data so they don't crush my games while someokne is calling me, that's why I can't cutrn on the airplane mode. @wayneoo @JosephPOP @RXM @JAMES4578 

0 Likes
kevibruy
First Poster
Options

lol, @Adi0  it is very funny to know that you don't know dnd is done not disturb. :). btw did you able to do turn on dnd and what is your review on s10+ I was thinking to buy it.

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Of course. I've gone through all setting son my phone, I'm an advanced user. 

S10+? First of all, flagship from 2019 top notch but the last software update is this years Android 12. That should be the biggest judgment. Awesome camera, screen, front camera is too big in that pill shape now that I've used A52 5G with a small punch hole.

0 Likes