Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby briefing on alarm no longer available?

(Topic created on: 13-07-2022 11:20 PM)
Mkrippel
Apprentice
Options

Since the latest update and having connected with Samsung support remotely I realized that on Bixby alarm the briefing is no longer available. Why did Samsung remove this option? Has someone a clue what happened or is it only on my device? Samsung support was trying to find the Briefing tab for half an hour. I wonder are they not aware that there have been some changes in the last update?

By setting the alarm with bixby the only option I have is to check the plain Bixby alarm and the readout is only for time and have a nice day no weather forecast etc.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Chippy_Muncher
Navigator
Options
The bixby briefing alarm is still available and hasn't been removed but depending on the device it could have stop receiving updates or is corrupt in some sort of way but I wouldn't think that would be the case if you haven't set up bixby or reset your phone you will have to go through the process again
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
It's still there. Tap on your pre-set alarm, or create a new one. Then tap on Alarm Sound and you'll see the Bixby alarm option. Tap on it to enable it, then save.
0 Likes
Mkrippel
Apprentice
Options

I have an S20 ultra with latest updates bixby and device is always connected the alarm announcement is only "for the time and have a good day" that's all.

0 Likes
Mkrippel
Apprentice
Options

Indeed when I create a new alarm the option Bixby alarm "Read out the current time and weather forecast over music as the alarm rings" is there, but when the alarm goes on it reads only the time and says" have a good day" no weather briefing etc

0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
That is odd. My alarm went off this morning with Bixby telling me everything including news updates from different sources.
Stupid question but you have set Bixby up by allowing all permissions haven't you?
0 Likes
Mkrippel
Apprentice
Options

yes

0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Try clearing cache and data for the Clock app in the phone settings, and then try again with a new alarm in the morning.
If that fails, maybe a full factory reset?
0 Likes