Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery swelling problems on certain devices

(Topic created on: 28-09-2022 06:54 PM)
NotAniPhoneUser
Journeyman
Options
I recently watched a mrwhosetheboss video about swelling batteries on Samsung phones, it's been concerning me for the past day, I've done some research, and a few recent models also have the problem.
Have any A52s owner experienced the same thing with their phone?
7 REPLIES 7
keith30
Maestro
Options
It's been happening for quite a few years since the S7 series. It's not worth worrying about it.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Battery swelling is nothing new on phones or other electronic products
I work on electrical switch panels and control gear. Sometimes I get batteries that swell as they reach the end of usable life
I've had so many phones over the years and still have old devices. Including the Galaxy Note Fan Edition which is based on the Galaxy Note 7.
Non of them has ever had this
HTC in the earlier years had an issue with this as they got older
Personally I wouldn't worry
0 Likes
Moosse
First Poster
Options
Glenntech has a good point, but this may still be a serious issue, because alot of people still do buy samsung devices and sometimes older models too. I purchased an s22 ultra a couple of months back and im very happy with the device. I do everything to make sure that I can keep the battery health in good condition as best as I can too. However the last thing any person would want is to have a firey hot kinder surprise at the cose of their health or life. I'm still waiting for an official response from samsung to address this issue from mrwhosethebosses' query. Although it may not seem serious now,It is something to still be careful about instead of having to worry after the damage has been dealt. For now, only time will tell what awaits.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have never had that on a phone but did have it on my laptop, scary as hell especially as I detected it when I got to the US, so been on the plane with me.
It is nothing you can do, no point worrying about it.
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I manage my phones (past and present) sensibly and never had a swollen battery. It's funny seeing this post here as I've seen something similar posted on Facebook too today... Think on Android Authority page. If you manage your phone properly then you should avoid this issue... Same thing with screen burns.
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I was a little concerned with this story as my living room cupboard has a drawer that has become a graveyard for former Samsung flagships... Really I have too many to mention. I checked my S7 Edge and Note 9 and Note 10 Plus 5G especially as apparently the issue only affects phones from the S6 onwards. Only the Note 9 sees occasional use and all my phones were fine. Not a bulge in sight. The issue has caused more panic than I think it need have when the Mr Whose The Boss story dramatically had a title including 'Samsung phones blow up' whereas they had only had batteries blowing up in size not actually exploding. I understand this has primarily affected phones stored in warm places and in countries where many electrical appliances suffer the same problem with their batteries anyway?. 👍
0 Likes
Macman86
First Poster
Options
Seen that daft man. Must use mobiles and charge and discharge fully. Also not use them on a Charger. Daft man has about 100 unused mobiles in a cabinet ready to blow the house down. Daft man.
0 Likes