Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank apps keep crashing phone

(Topic created on: 02-02-2022 07:48 PM)
LoopyLou
Apprentice
Options
All of a sudden my bank apps keep crashing and it freezes my whole phone, I have to restart my S21 ultra every time and trying to make payments is almost impossible
I have cleared the cache and reloaded the app etc but it still happens, prior to it happening my screen jumps as if I took a screenshot
I have also run the inbuilt security scan and AVG deep scan to make sure I don't have a bug
Help Please what can I do?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Have you checked the app
For any new update
Or perhaps contact bank
If there an issue with app
And latest update android 12

Or try clearing the phone cache

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

And see if helps resolve The issue
0 Likes
LoopyLou
Apprentice
Options
Hi Steve, thanks for your reply, yes I checked for updates and the bank said its phone related which I believe as its happening on 2 different bank apps and they are totally different banks
Ah I see what your saying, the bank may need to release an update to match the samsung one?
Trix8701
Apprentice
Options
Mine has started doing this since using my camera today. Whats happening! It's really annoying. My payments wouldn't go through either using my phone at the tills today even though thier are finds there.
0 Likes
Baridon
Voyager
Options
There is a late January/February update been pushed out. Hoping this will address the issue as I had that same issue too. The January update did fix it for me but I am having loads of other issues with the system's apps. If you are in the UK as I am you will most likely receive it sometime later this month.
0 Likes
LoopyLou
Apprentice
Options
Thanks Michael, yes I did one on the 29th Jan, hope this next one does the trick, yes in the UK
0 Likes
LoopyLou
Apprentice
Options
Trix, I wonder if we clear the cache on the camera too, might be worth a try
0 Likes