Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorising Samsung Account for under 18s

(Topic created on: 16-01-2021 04:25 PM)
Chelle111
Student
Options

Hi, I have just bought a new A71 for my daughter who is 13 and she has tried to set up a Samsung account but it says she is not old enough. The T&Cs say 13-18 year olds can have an account with parental permission - how do I sort this for her? She already has a Fit2 but no longer seems to be able to access the Samsung Health App without an account on her new phone. Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
I think it'a only possible to have her own Samsung account when she turns 16. I have had Samsung since I got my first phone (when I was 12, and I am now 17). I had to wait to set up my account when I was 16 and used my mum's Samsung account until I was able to have my own account. Hope this helps 🙂
Chelle111
Student
Options

Thank you for your advice. The T&Cs imply she is allowed but it keeps saying she's too young when she tries to sign up with no option of linking to a parent account like Google and Microsoft permit.

1.3 IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OLD, YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICE, OR PROVIDE SAMSUNG WITH ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. If you are 13 or older but under the age of 18, you represent that you and your parent or guardian have reviewed and understand the Agreement. 

0 Likes
Oxi2514
First Poster
Options

I know this is an extremely late response to a really old post, but it could just be working weird. Same thing happened to me, but it let me create the account after turning 14.

0 Likes
Members_XoJygaM
First Poster
Options

in the terms and condition it says you need to be 13 and older to have an account, but when i try and set up my sons account who is 13 it says he is not old enough. i was thinking i may have to add him on my account as a child but can't find a way of doing this. maybe they just need to change the T&C's

0 Likes