Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Apps on SD card keep going back to internal after updating.

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 03:04 PM)
Welshy-a53-5G
Pioneer
Options
Every time I update an app that's on my SD card it goes back onto my internal storage and for some reason when I then move it back onto my SD card the app itself still takes up internal storage, any one know how to fix this? My phones 128gb and I'm using 29.4gb so it's not a big issue just a pain.
9 REPLIES 9
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There's no workaround and as more and more apps are disallowing movement to SD card, at some point in the future moving won't be an option.
Welshy-a53-5G
Pioneer
Options
Well that's kind of stupid, probably should of figured this since the S21 doesn't have an SD option, thank you!
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The main reason is because SD cards are slow, unreliable and fail with repeated read/write cycles ultimately leading to loss of data.
Welshy-a53-5G
Pioneer
Options
Yeah I love SD cards but when something goes wrong its a pain so I can see why they're slowly becoming less and less popular.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I use them, too, but only for music. I'm an avid music collector but don't want to clutter up internal storage. I have Terrabytes of music so will be disappointed to lose the SD card. I still miss the notifications LED!
Welshy-a53-5G
Pioneer
Options
Yeah I mostly use it for photos/videos/music so hopefully I'm able to put everything onto online storage but thats going to be very tedious
passingthru
Student
Options

Maybe in 2015.  Not 2019-current.  Its just another excuse to model after Apple, selling devices based on short-term memory use and not years-of-use out.  

passingthru
Student
Options

In the last year, its becoming more apparent that the primary marketed leaders are making this an issue.  

I have been buying Samsung-Android devices for many years.  Its time for a change.  And Apple is just the same.

leedb
First Poster
Options

wrong. the main reason is because phone manufacturers would rather sell you a new phone with more internal storage than allow you to simple plug in a bigger SD card.

0 Likes