Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Email on to S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 02-07-2021 05:29 PM)
Henry2016
Journeyman
Options

Be gentle as I have just received my first Android mobile - Samsung S21 Ultra and trying to add my Apple Email to my Google Email Account. 

Gone into Apple User and created a specific password and then tried to input this into the Gmail App with no success. I have tried with and without the dashes. Every time it comes up with a message basically saying it cannot connect to the server but there is no problem connecting to the server on my iPad? 

message says “couldn't open connection to server”. Server is mail.me.com and the port is 993 and the security type is SSL/TLS

Really frustrated at the moment - have I done the right thing as I need access to the Apple Email much more than Gmail.  

Thanks for your assistance.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
AndrewL
Options

@Henry2016: Can you try heading Settings > Accounts and Backup > Manage Accounts > Add Account > Personal (IMAP), and enter your Apple Email details to see if you're able to successfully add the account in this manner? 

0 Likes
Henry2016
Journeyman
Options
Tried that as well
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try clearing the cache for the Gmail app. If that doesn't work, clear the phone system cache 😀. Just search 'how to clear phone system cache on Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra (model no.)' for simple tutorials on how to do this 😁.
0 Likes
Henry2016
Journeyman
Options

Tried clearing the cache for the App and the phone and still nothing - same error message. 😒

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I found this problem too, I was an ***** and went back to apple for 2 weeks mainly for the decent battery life but my god I was so wrong, the phone was awful (other than battery life) Moved back to samsung but needed my icloud email to be accessed on the samsung while waiting for my refund, tried everything, even tried to access on the Internet browser, nothing! Only way I could access apple emails was of course on an iPhone so I used a really old one I had laying around. Just a classic case of apple being apple. Hope you get it sorted and welcome to samsung I hope you enjoy it 😀
0 Likes
Henry2016
Journeyman
Options

Not if I cant get the email sorted out. Thanks for your kindness.

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
No problem, to be honest I think it's a problem apples end as every single email account works on this phone other than apple. Hopefully they will fix it!
0 Likes
Henry2016
Journeyman
Options

Found it works for me and connects fine if you use “…..@icloud.com”. Definitely doesn't like the “…..@me.com”. 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Glad you managed to sort it
0 Likes