Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appcloud why is this allowed?

(Topic created on: 24-01-2024 03:14 PM)
Members_npiXo5a
First Poster
Options

Hi, why is this app called Appcloud installing random apps? Are you serious, Samsung?

I can show proof that I specifically UNselected your games and pressed finish update. Then suddenly a bunch of garbage apps are being installed. How is this even legal? Why is nobody taking action? 

6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Members_npiXo5a   Should be able to disable. You could  check the Galaxy Store settings to try and avoid the  automatic downloading of apps.    Go to Settings - Apps - Galaxy Store - Mobile Data > Allow background data usage: toggle it off.

Now go back one step and select  Change system settings - Allow permission- Toggle it off.

Go back a step again,  Select Install unknown apps - Allow from this source- Toggle it off.

It was also discussed in this thread https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-series/how-do-i-get-rid-of-appcloud/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Gentlewatcher
Apprentice
Options

That is the textbook response, now riddle me this..... WHY DID IT REINSTALL? Right now on the s24 ultra, I did those steps yesterday and now appcloud is back and everything like nothing happened.

VoodooManBG
Student
Options

Hey, I'm having the same issue. I carefully deselected all apps, clicked finish update and then some random games / apps started installing on MOBILE data! I hate BS like this. This is not serious coming from a company like Samsung. For BS like this I'm now seriously considering to sell this brick and buy a normal phone. This should NOT be legal at all! Total joke with the users. What about my parents that can't search and implement 'solutions' to those problems brought from Samsung? Total disappointment! Samsung is getting lower than xiaomi now. 

Hypertext1464
Pioneer
Options

Yep, this is what I don't like about non standard skinned android, alot of manufacturers add a bunch of apps you don't need and mess with androids core functionality.

I wish they all just used standard stock untouched android on all phones, so that everything is consistent across all androids and there isn't any bloatware.

But obviously that's never going to happen...

I have an A12

0 Likes
Pixie123
Student
Options
I have just had the same happen with me. I most definitely unticked them, which is annoying enough to start with. Now they are just downloading them if you want them or not. Very bad practice 😕
0 Likes
Twix762
First Poster
Options
I have just had this happen to me for the LAST time. It should NOT be legal for them to start installing things without user permission and it is very bad practice.
0 Likes