Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App stores

(Topic created on: 12-09-2021 02:59 PM)
Charlie306
Navigator
Options
Just wondering weather I need to have both Samsung galaxy store and Google playstore active on my device? Do they do the same thing and have the same apps available on them? If so which one should I delete🤷🏻‍♂️
5 REPLIES 5
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
The Samsung store looks after the Samsung side of your phone and the play store looks after the apps you have downloaded

Delete at your peril
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
I would say don't delete either, as both have handy apps/services that can enhance user experience on your Samaung device 😎. For instance, Good Lock is only a available on the Galaxy Store, whereas the Google Play Store has many apps that the Galaxy Store does not have. I believe either store is not detrimental to your device, if you keep both of them, so just have fun with the apps and features available is all I can say 😉. Hope this helps! 😃
Charlie306
Navigator
Options
Yeah, I was just wondering why we have 2 app stores, it would make sense for Samsung to come up with something that brings them together really.
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Nice! If my tip helped, could you please click the three dots on my comment and select accept solution? Thanks 😎.
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I wouldn't disable any of them... both do app updates in the background... especially Google as the majority came from the Google playstore for me. You may find apps on Samsung store that are not in the playstore and vice versa.
0 Likes