Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App start up problem

(Topic created on: 05-03-2021 05:04 PM)
Bosch79
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have a app on my S20 Ultra that when I open it, it comes up with a message saying, "Found a different launcherapp; please make sure there is only one app installed. Click OK to exit"

I have uninstalled and reinstalled various times and it always comes up with the same message. I have tried the App on other phones and it works correctly. What does this message mean?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
what is the app?
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
it sounds like it may have a conflicting app somewhere
0 Likes
Bosch79
First Poster
Options

The App is BRP connect. It works on all the other phones I have tried. 

I have spoken to BRP who say this is the first time they have heard of this and it must be something on my phone.

Any ideas

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
never heard of it but just looked it up and it something to do with the car is that right? I think launcher is something to do with the system that gets the app going, try holding down on the app on the home screen press the I with a circle round it then press force stop that probably won't help but definitely worth a try
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Bosch79: Can you try heading to Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Default Apps > Home App, and set this to One UI Home to see if this resolves the issue? 

0 Likes
Bosch79
First Poster
Options

It is their app that connects your phone to various versions of their vehicles, like motorbikes, quads, buggy's and jet skis so you can use your apps. Similar to Android Auto.

Forcing the app to stop did not solve the issue.

0 Likes
Bosch79
First Poster
Options

When I push the three dots all I have is

Permission manager

Special access

Reset app preferences.

There is no default App 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
very bizarre has this happened since the new update?
0 Likes
Bosch79
First Poster
Options

It has been going on since I first installed the app about 4 months ago 

0 Likes