Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App provided notification sound

(Topic created on: 09-09-2022 02:44 PM)
Promisefrancis
Student
Options
I recently upgraded to the S22 ultra and noticed all my social had the Samsung default notification sound instead of the individual sounds I was used to....can I get them back to app provided notification sound?
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
keith30
Maestro
Options
I changed most of mine so I knew what notification it was from. You have to go into the notication settings for each app you want to change the sound for, it takes a while depending on how many apps you have on your device.
0 Likes
Promisefrancis
Student
Options
Thanks keith30, but I miss those sounds provided by these socials. Trying to change them through settings leaves me with a whole new sound by Samsung
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Promisefrancis: If you head to Settings > Apps > Select an app > Notifications > Sound, then you may find that it is has 'App approved sound' as it's default. If you see this, please refrain from changing it as, as far as I'm aware, it can't be changed back via the list of options. You may wish to try heading to Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Reset app preferences to see if you can restore them in this manner, however please be advised that this will remove any personal settings you have applied to all your apps, including any sign in details. 

S22ultra2
Pioneer
Options

If you used Smart Switch to transfer the data from the old phone this is the main reason. Try re-installing the apps in order to get the default Notification sounds