Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anything I try to download from Samsung Cloud shows as corrupted on my PC.

(Topic created on: 05-07-2020 09:10 PM)
member2107
Apprentice
Options

So I no longer own a Samsung phone. I've been threatened that if I no longer sync anything into Samsung Cloud my whole account will be deleted including all my data being wiped. I have until April to take action. All I want to do from my web browser on my desktop is to download everything off Samsung Cloud onto my hard drive. I select everything, and it allows me to save it as a .zip file. Absolutely everything (pictures and videos) is corrupted. No video plays. No image previews. What gives?

Funny enough it'll play on the web browser file preview on the actual Cloud itself no problem. Hell even if I go around downloading that one specific video, THAT is also somehow corrupted dispite the fact it PLAYS within the browser video preview. How the heck?

My only painful option that I have to dedicate myself doing (unless I get an actual helpful response from the community to fix this godawful problem) is screen recording every gosh darn video previews and using snipping tool for the images. Now that is ridiculous!

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
HosamNizaam
Student
Options

Thank you

0 Likes
HosamNizaam
Student
Options

Thank you

0 Likes
JOF1
First Poster
Options

Thank you, downloading the app from MS Store and logging into Samsung account works. Go to "Cloud" in sidebar, click on the box in photos/folders to select and then click on "download" on top bar. 

Very frustrating experience with Samsung here. 

Thanks to all

0 Likes
Sarah991
First Poster
Options

I'm having trouble downloading my gallery to my computer too. Tried downloading Samsung Gallery on Microsoft on my laptop but as I have a Mac it won't download.

I just want my pictures from my Samsung phone onto my mac laptop! This is so frustrating. I tried doing Samsung Switch to back up my phone but there's not enough room on my laptop to back up the whole phone. I only really want the pictures anyways.

0 Likes
Sunnyc1414
First Poster
Options

Thank you. That worked.

0 Likes
Habakuk
First Poster
Options

On PC: I downloaded my data from https://privacy.samsung.com/

Once downloaded, make sure to also pick up the password for your download (on the download page).

Then you need to use WinRAR (free is fine) or similar to open or extract the split compressed files. (Open the main file, usually spotted by the known icon.)

0 Likes