Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anything I try to download from Samsung Cloud shows as corrupted on my PC.

(Topic created on: 10-06-2020 05:49 AM)
member2107
Apprentice
Options

So I no longer own a Samsung phone. I've been threatened that if I no longer sync anything into Samsung Cloud my whole account will be deleted including all my data being wiped. I have until April to take action. All I want to do from my web browser on my desktop is to download everything off Samsung Cloud onto my hard drive. I select everything, and it allows me to save it as a .zip file. Absolutely everything (pictures and videos) is corrupted. No video plays. No image previews. What gives?

Funny enough it'll play on the web browser file preview on the actual Cloud itself no problem. Hell even if I go around downloading that one specific video, THAT is also somehow corrupted dispite the fact it PLAYS within the browser video preview. How the heck?

My only painful option that I have to dedicate myself doing (unless I get an actual helpful response from the community to fix this godawful problem) is screen recording every gosh darn video previews and using snipping tool for the images. Now that is ridiculous!

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
CarlH
Options

Hi @member2107. It can only be viewed on another Samsung phone/ tablet (hence it appearing to be corrupted on your PC). In regards to your account being deleted in April, it would be best to contact the Accounts Team on  0800 995 1079 to discuss this further. 

0 Likes
member2107
Apprentice
Options

"hence it appearing to be corrupted on your PC"

Then WHY  is there a download button for the desktop version in the first place if all it's going to do is corrupt my files upon downloading!?!??? That is illogical to me and I do not want to lose any of my files!

member2107
Apprentice
Options

This is what it looks like when I try to download a working video preview that is saved on my Samsung Cloud. Any solutions to the problem would be highly appreciated. I'm currently on the phone with Samsung for over an hour now. Hopefully I can get something out of this.

0 Likes
member2107
Apprentice
Options
Alright so I pretty much can say I have good news. Turns out after 2 phone calls with 3 different representatives, I can conclude with the last representative that this is indeed a bug, and he is passing it on with the higher technical team. If this actually does get fixed because of my inquiry, then you're welcome. But until then, we wait. On the other hand (which I'm hoping is not the case), if it doesn't get fixed, I'm just going to resort to screen recording all the video previews and screenshot all the images I have in my Samsung Cloud gallery.
Mixyroo
Apprentice
Options

Same thing is happening to me. I was threathened also! If I didn't log into my samsung cloud and download I would lose all my data. Well, I no longer use samsung products. I was trying to download the data on my Mac and everything appears to be corrupted. Have you figured it out? I am so glad im down with samsung. I dont have this difficulty with my apple cloud. Hassle free. 

0 Likes
Mixyroo
Apprentice
Options

Of course this video cant be played ""its corrupted" 

0 Likes
member2107
Apprentice
Options

So the good news was around 2 months ago I spoke with the support, and the representative verified that it was a bug. For some reason right now I cannot even get access to my files on the desktop browser because there's a message saying "Samsung Cloud Web is limited for now".

Anyways I don't know if they fixed the bug, and frankly it doesn't sound like they have if you're still experiencing this issue yourself. But I'll go ahead and verify that I was able to download a file successfully on the mobile web browser (on my LG G6 Chrome). It seems this issue persists only on all PC web browsers, but not for mobile browsers. Try downloading a video from the same site but on your phone to see if it works.... that is when this "limited for now" message passes whenever the heck that would be.

Nota8amsungfan
First Poster
Options

I got an email too about my account being deleted, and am trying to download my stuff onto my PC.  MY daughter lost her phone and wants to get her stuff from Samsung Cloud.  IT keeps saying access is limited.  Im beginning to worry that they dont know how to fix the problem. (Their TVs suck too)!

Mixyroo
Apprentice
Options

If you're in a pc, download Samsung gallery app from Microsoft.com 

I was able to log into my Samsung cloud on the Samsung gallery app. I successfully downloaded all of my images/videos. I have ios now, but had to use a computer at work that isn't iOS. I hate that Samsung makes it soo difficult. Let me know if you need further help! I was stressing out soo badly when I received the email of deletion