Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone out there in the cloud, with experience? Using the British EU Exit: ID document check app?

(Topic created on: 25-10-2021 06:34 PM)
Baghor
First Poster
Options

This is an unusual request for assistance, and I'm curious how others may have experienced issues of a similar kind.     I've tried, on and off, since April 2020, to use the British EU Exit: ID document check app with a Dutch mob. phone number, on my a Galaxy S7 smartphone. Until this day, I've been unsuccessful, receiving the code to enter application, after making a picture of my passport and receiving confirmation that it was taken okay.

The procedure stops when no code arrives after that picture is taken successfully. Recently, I've tried once more, and noticed that when no code arrives, I can request for another code and now I'm able also to type my mob. phone number, when it's the case that a number is changed. My mob. phone number never changed, but I'm typing my mob. phone number anyway, for maximum chances of success, I hoped! No results whatsoever.

To this day, and I'm not in a hurry, I've been in communication with Gov.UK department where applications for EU Settlement are processed. Although it's by the use of online forms, and automatic responses sent to me by email. At times it takes weeks before a response arrives, and 80% of the time it's a repetition of former responses. 

I've checked the reviews on this EU Settlement app, which are one long list of issues, complaints, and rants. Once, an employee of the immigration office in Liverpool called me, in an attempt to help me. He suggested to send my passport to Liverpool, wait for 2 or 3 weeks, and receive it back, after my details are in good order for the EU Settlement application. Who in the world will give a passport to the postal service and pass it on to an office overseas? When it gets lost, I'll have to pay almost 100 euro for a new passport, and how knows? Someone else may use it when it gets lost. They're in high demand in certain circles, isn't it?

But let's focus on my smartphone issue, for that's the subject. When I open settings on my Galaxy S7 there's a list of data, where at the top it says "My phone number" with next to it "Unknown". I've done some homework this afternoon, to see if there was something missing that I could correct. I've checked my Google account, and my mob. phone number is in the contact list.

I've made sure that my number is on display on the screen of those I call. Plus, I've made my location known, just in case. All these details are in good order, as far as I can be the judge of that. Is there anyone who has experienced this same issue, when using the British EU Settlement app while located outside Britain? Or outside the EU? My location is the Netherlands. 

When there's a technical expert, understanding what the problem could be, any advice and help is welcome, thank you!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Maybe too simplistic an answer - but when you input your mobile number are you putting your Country Code in as part of the number ?
0 Likes
Baghor
First Poster
Options

Thank you, papashaun. I understand why you ask this question. But since I've spent time in the UK as well, I'm quite used to the use of country codes, you see? That's not the cause of the issue.

0 Likes
Baghor
First Poster
Options

Now that 2 weeks have passed, I assume that my inquiry is so unusual that no one recognises this issue. The problem that remains, although not with an impact on my living conditions, is that the entire procedure of legal status in Britain, be it by citizenship or permission of Settlement, starts with the use of a digital app, so that one's ID is verified, before the application form is sent by email or post.

That's the hurdle, apparently unsolvable for me, and impossible for the relevant office involved. My requests for assistance were merely answered by automatic responses. That's an inadequate procedure of course, and it seemed at one point, that even the people of flesh and blood had turned into automatons.

The hilarious blindness to one's own limited cubicle of tasks, is quite typical I believe, in Britain. For now, I've left further attempts to enter Britain as a Dutch citizen. I might choose another country with a coast, see?

0 Likes