Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any plans to reinstate Guardian Mode?

(Topic created on: 14-02-2023 10:18 PM)
iamsamp
Journeyman
Options

Was surprised to discover today that Guardian Mode has been removed.
This seems like an absolutely non-sensical move by Samsung.

It was fantastic, and served many purposes for many users in a plethora ways - the number one being the safety and security of your device, with the capacity to move it to battery saving, make it ring, and track it's location.

Are there any plans by Samsung to reintroduce this feature set, as if not, me and my partner will likely move to iPhone instead of S23s?
Having the capacity to secure our devices remotely is essential to us. 

7 REPLIES 7
J-UK
Student
Options
Agree
iamsamp
Journeyman
Options

Glad I'm not alone, I'd be curious to hear from Samsung as to why they'd remove it?
Samsung's feature set rivalled/beat Apple's Find My features in my opinion.

I don't understand why they'd regress like this, it literally makes no sense. 

0 Likes
J-UK
Student
Options
I find a lot of features you buy the phone for disappear with updates like photo stuff that picks the best face shots from a group of photos so no ones blinking etc that went and other stuff not sure hows it legal charging what you agreed on at point of sale
They need to bring in open source software for phones these big companies hold us ransom
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Bye
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Open source software for Samsung phones? How do you maintain software integrity? I buy Samsung cose I don't want open source
0 Likes
iamsamp
Journeyman
Options

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating to be honest.
But with them releasing the Galaxy SmartTags, I thought they had the desire to at the very least, maintain market parity with Apple in terms of safety/security with your phone/personal belongings.

I could understand if Guardian Mode was buggy, but it worked flawlessly so the decision to remove it seems really strange. 

0 Likes
iamsamp
Journeyman
Options

"Samsung Maker ★" 😂

0 Likes