Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another worthless samsung internet browser update

(Topic created on: 21-09-2022 08:22 PM)
TynMahn
Pioneer
Options
  1. Still can't open "secret mode" in DeX
  2. Still opens some website (outlook for example) in Mobile mode regardless of what I have it set to (appears to be resolved)

Persistant problems that have never been acknowledged (as far as I know) or addressed.  Been waiting for years for item to be addressed.

6 REPLIES 6
Neo001
Legend
Options

It works fine for me - I am able to open Secret mode in Dex and also Outlook opens in desktop site mode. 

To add a tab in secret mode, click on the tab count (top right).

20220921_211126.jpg

20220921_211100.jpg

0 Likes
TynMahn
Pioneer
Options

I know how to open a secret tab.  It doesn't work.  When I click it the little "open with fingerprint or input password" popup flashes then disappears.

For me, outlook does NOT open in desktop mode and has not for years (i've deleted associated files and even changed phones in this time)
For me, when I click the "open a secret tab" (or whatever samsung calls it), the above happens and only started happening recently.

It doesn't matter to me whether "it works for you" or not unless you can tell me why it doesn't work for me.

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @TynMahn. I appreciate that you're keen to get this resolved, so I'd definitely recommend submitting an Error report. This will help ensure that our developers can look into this further for you:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-the-samsung-members-app/

Please keep the thread updated and let us know what you are advised.

0 Likes
TynMahn
Pioneer
Options

Update
it's like magic.  I just uploaded an error report an just to make sure I went to outlook again, like I did earlier today (and it was mobile then) and it brought up the desktop version.....wth???

Secret mode still gets stuck in the security querry that pops up and quickly disapears not allowing me to enter creditials

0 Likes
ElDodrigo
Explorer
Options
Hey! Have you tried just using a password and deactivating biometrics for the secret mode? Is it only when you're in Dex that you have the issue? Have you also tried with the Samsung Internet Beta app? Finally, if it's purely in Dex mode that you have the problem, do you use an external keyboard / mouse? Does the phone screen show anything?
0 Likes
TynMahn
Pioneer
Options
  1. Yes, it works if I deactive biometrics for secret mode
  2. Yes, it only happens in DeX
  3. No, never tried the Beta app
  4. I do use external keyboard/mouse - always have in DeX
  5. The phone screen shows nothing
0 Likes