Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

annoying spotify notification

(Topic created on: 31-10-2021 11:48 AM)
jimmc70
Student
Options

Hi. So I would like to know how I get my Galaxy Note 10+ from showing a Spotify notification even when I have not used Spotify for days. It is not visible on the main screen but when I drag the notification area down it is there and I can't seem to be able to get rid of it apart from uninstalling Spotify. Within this notification there is a little arrow which when clicked on eventually opens up into a 'Media' screen but there does not appear to be anything there to turn these notifications off (and I have turned off notifications within android and spotify.)

5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
I just slide it to the left and it removes it hides it from notifications until phone is restarted
jimmc70
Student
Options
Thanks, feel like a bit of an ***** now
0 Likes
xJMDx
Student
Options

That is the problem. Nobody wants it to keep returning after you dismiss it.

0 Likes
xJMDx
Student
Options

How do I disable Spotify Connect

You can disable the Spotify Connect functionality by manually putting the Spotify app in 'Offline' mode from within the Spotify Settings screen when not in use.

You can permanently disable the connect service if you are rooted by installing the app Disable Service from the Play Store. Open the app and scroll to Spotify then tap it to see all services the app uses. Uncheck the box next to 'AppLinkService' then back out of the app. Now the Spotify connect service will not run on your phone and notify you when you are playing tracks on another device. Note: Don't forget to accept SU permissions when prompted 

If you are running CyanogenMod (Custom ROM) then go to Settings -> Privacy -> Privacyguard -> Press and hold on Spotify -> There is a 'Wake up' - disallow this!. Thanks to @aliceraunsbaek for the tip!

0 Likes
xJMDx
Student
Options

Screenshot_20220415-151819_Spotify.jpg

 I hope this helps solve your problem

0 Likes