Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Auto does not work with Mercedes Comand

(Topic created on: 21-09-2021 09:00 AM)
Bawer
Apprentice
Options

I have tried both S10 and S21, they both keep frequently disconnecting from the car's head unit. I can't point to anything other than the operating system or the recent security patch.

Things I have tried:

1. Made sure OS and all relevant apps are up to date.
  2. OEM cable and variety of other cables that work on other car head units including one which provides 10Gbps data transfer.
  3. Toggled on and off various settings in the developer options. Tried every default USB connection setting. Also tried USB debug.
  4. Cleared storage and cache of Android Auto, Google play services and Google app.
  5. Uninstalled all the updates for Android Auto and tried the base version after still not having luck.
  6. Wiped the phone and tried with only Android Auto installed alongside the preinstalled apps.
  7. Force stopped every app I saw in the Apps list.
  8. Tried different combination of settings in Android Auto.

The result is the same, the phone would completely disconnect from the head unit and try to reconnect again in a loop at a variable interval of 2-10 seconds.

Can someone please propose a solution as I'm left scratching my head on how Samsung's competent test team completely oversaw this bug?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
GrantG
Pathfinder
Options
I have an S21 ultra and it has no problems connecting to comand in my C Class
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
After "blaming" all these issues on your phone/apps, I'd be investigating the possibility that my head unit is causing the problems, if I were you. It may well be that your HU requires a firmware update to stabilise its own OS. Call your Merc dealership for advice.
Bawer
Apprentice
Options
Do you mind sharing the software version of your command unit?
0 Likes
Bawer
Apprentice
Options
Already tried that. It works fine on other branded phones but not Samsung, which does not make it a good enough case for me to pay service cost for a diagnosis they can't fix, especially if the car's out of warranty. The head unit is already on the latest available software version as I was told
Cammyd94
First Poster
Options

Having the exact same problem with my S21 ultra on a 2015 CLA. Can't seem to get it to stop disconnecting, tried multiple cables. Apple CarPlay works flawlessly which is extremely frustrating.

0 Likes
GrantG
Pathfinder
Options
I had a look but can't seem to find the software version. Whereabouts in the settings is it and I'll have a look.
0 Likes
GrantG
Pathfinder
Options
Ok found the software version in dealer mode.

It's 04.77.02.10
0 Likes
SamanthaW1
First Poster
Options

Did you get anywhere trying to resolve this? I have 2021 Mercedes Sprinter from new & it crashes every time I try to use Google Maps through any of my Samsung phone & goes in a loop of crashing & restarting.

I've been told today by Mercedes dealership that Merc needs to do a software update, this has been flagged to them but they're concentrating on electric vehicle software issues! Infuriating!

0 Likes