Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 13 update

(Topic created on: 04-12-2022 06:23 PM)
MW19
Journeyman
Options
After the latest Android 13 update my Fitbit Charge 5 will not sync with my phone. I have tried everything including deleting the app and reinstalling it. Has anyone else had this issue??
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
drtechnology1
Explorer
Options

Yep, sort of.

I a9and many others I know) after getting the same update, have lost our data connection - even when 5 bars (full signal) on 5G or on wifi even - no data means no connection for a lot of apps - like google says no internet on chrome, snapchat can't send my snaps, FB messenger and whatsapp not working - Restarting the phone fixes itr - until 5 min later it goes down again!  Almost certain you are having a similar or related issue.

Check my thread (post) I just made I am asking anyone with issues after this update to reply there so we can send Samsung a message this is not a "rare" issue as I was told and that I am crazy and it is my carrier's problem (it is happening across multiple phone models and carriers after the OneUI 5 Android 13 update)

Becalaa
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem with my Flip 3 and a number of people on the Fitbit forum have reported the same issue with Flip and Fold phones since the latest Samsung update though I haven't seen any response from FB reps. I can't sync, have tried all the usual restarts and reinstallation, now removed the device and can't reattach it. I can see the Fitbit on my list of Bluetooth devices, and the Fitbit app recognises it but then doesn't complete the handshake/installation. No issues with other apps or bluetooth devices so far.
0 Likes
Dadds62
Journeyman
Options
Yes, it stopped syncing after the update, and now I cannot get it to connect to my zfold4, I've cleared data and cache on the app, uninstall reinstalled, reset my charge 5 many times, no joy, contacted fitbit support..they want me to return the charge 5, but I'm afraid I'll have the same problem with a new one. Samsung, looks like you've broken something with the update, help!
0 Likes
MW19
Journeyman
Options
Exactly the same issues. Samsung please sort!!
0 Likes
MW19
Journeyman
Options
Exactly my issue. I was going to contact Fitbit but I thing Samsung need to sort it otherwise it will happen again and yes, they need to sort it straight away!!
0 Likes
Dadds62
Journeyman
Options
I've tried resetting network settings, still no joy..and I don't want to think about downgrading my zfold4, I'd loose even more life& patience!
Explorer
Options
Yes! My Charge 5 stopped connecting to my Flip 4 after the update. I've tried all the usual troubleshooting to no avail and I think the Samsung update messed something up. I also have the same issue with a Foreo device that no longer connects to my Flip 4 since the update. Both the Fitbit and the Foreo connect fine to my Note 8 via Bluetooth

Bluetooth connection between the Flip 4 and all audio devices is, however, still working fine - I've tried the buds, Sonos, Echo, Tribit and that's all working as it should
0 Likes
MW19
Journeyman
Options
See earlier reply where dr technology1 is asking for us to comment on his post to send to Samsung. They need to get this sorted as it seems to have effected a lot of us
0 Likes
ducat
First Poster
Options
Same issue here with a Flip 3 - Bluetooth worked fine for my Fitbit before the update, as soon as updated couldn't sync. Tried uninstalling & pairing as new device - exactly the same as above: doesn't send the pairing code to the fitbit. Definitely the result if the update. Any advice please?
0 Likes