Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon prime so dark

(Topic created on: 16-03-2023 02:12 PM)
preensie
Apprentice
Options
My amazon prime is so dark. Spoke to amazon and they said use a different device lol. Can't really speak to samsung because there is no easy way to get through to a human.

It's practically un watchable (s23 ultra) I'm pretty sure amazon and samsung rolled out the hdr10 standard together so it should work perfect.

Any shadows, even on faces are complete black, black clothes are solid black, black people are solid black it's crazy. 

It seems like this issue goes back to 2019 with no official fix, anyone found a workaround. 

I've just moved from apple and really want this to work but prime not working is a annoying bug 
9 REPLIES 9
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
Prime video? I just tried it and is OK for me.
0 Likes
preensie
Apprentice
Options
Yh seems to be just some people, if you search for this issue you see forums back in 2019 with no fix. And it's only prime, Netflix and yourube are fine
0 Likes
preensie
Apprentice
Options
Is there a easy way to speak to a human samsung person, I've done all the trouble shooting I can so I'd want to try exchanging to a new device
0 Likes
preensie
Apprentice
Options
S23 ultra video iPhone 13 pro maxIMG_1220_1000000363_1678971825.jpgIMG_1219_1000000362_1678971820.jpg
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Does your phone have a pull down quick menu ?? If so is there a brightness bar at the bottom ??
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@preensie: Please can you try heading to Settings > Display > Extra brightness, and toggle this option on to see if you notice an improvement? You may also wish to toggle off 'Adaptive brightness' and manually adjust the brightness slider to improve the quality of dark scenes in the Prime Video app. Let me know if this helps. 

BI66S
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. Just upgraded from Note 9 to S23 Ultra, Prime Video is now terribly dark, regardless of phone settings. Turn brightness all the way up no difference. Extra brightness it is still too dark. auto brightness on or off, no difference. I can see it light up nice when I rotate the phone so the image flips, but after half a second it goes back to dark. There is some setting conflicting between this new phone, and the Prime app.

0 Likes
NYColas57
First Poster
Options

It's HDR10+, extra brightness is already activated anytime this type of content is being displayed. It also disables the vivid color settings for the display.

0 Likes
NYColas57
First Poster
Options

I've spoken with Samsung on the phone before about other issues. The problem is that very few people know this in-depth of detail to be able to help. That would be the guys who coded the phone who would have more of an idea of what's wrong. It's definitely an amazon prime issue, as the content on YouTube is awesome. I find it useless on prime.

0 Likes