Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative to Google Cloud Print - for Note 9

(Topic created on: 28-11-2020 11:14 AM)
Carterc2
First Poster
Options

Since Google announced their Cloud Print service is to be discontinued, are there any other alternative that will work with Note 9 / Android v10?

I've tried to install Samsung Cloud print, but i can't get this to work. 

If so, help on how to install will be helpful.  

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
have you tried samsung print services?? it seems to work OK but I usually print from my pc.. text messages are normally emailed to my Gmail account and printed off using the pc.
0 Likes
FelimDoyle
Explorer
Options

Support for Samsung Cloud Print has already been discontinued by HP for its printers and Samsung appear to be moving their Cloud Storage services to Microsoft OneDrive which may also mean the end of its Cloud Print service.

I'm still investigating alternatives myself and Google do make some suggestions. I primarily use a variety of Canon printers but I also have access to Epson and HP printers to which I occasionally need to print from mobile devices and remotely.

My feeling is that cloud print services involved transferring potentially sensitive data over potentially unsecured links and via third parties so neither Google nor Samsung wanted to be responsible for the integrity of those links.

If anyone finds a generic solution that they are happy with please let us know.

0 Likes