Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All apps gone???? S3 gear

(Topic created on: 28-11-2018 08:22 PM)
The_big_1
Student
Options

Hi,

All my apps, mapmywalk, Google etc, no native Samsung apps, have all gone off my s3 gear. They are all on my paired S8 but no longer on the watch??? How do I get them back on the watch???

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Ough, Sorry to hear that everything is gone. Have you tried to restart the watch? This might help.

Otherwise you can re-download the apps though the store.
0 Likes
The_big_1
Student
Options

Hi,

I tried three times to reset the watch, always comes back the same. Some apps that are on my phone, in the Google app store that used to be on my watch, do not appear in the Samsung store but the app owners assure me when they are on your phone, they update to the watch too

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Doesn't sound good. Did you already try a factory reset of the watch (Not just a restart)? This will effectively turn everything back to default.

0 Likes
The_big_1
Student
Options

Hi ya,

How do I do a factory reset?

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
0 Likes
The_big_1
Student
Options

Hi,

I did that reset as it's the only reset there is. Made no difference. I am guessing a major Samsung bug that has now stopped the s3 classic using any Google store apps :0(. Has rendered the year old watch scrap.

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

That sounds quite horrible indeed.

To sumarize the situation:

• The factory reset did not help
  • Its not possible to re-download apps from the store.

Well, not all is lost :winking-face:

Considering its one year old its still covered by the warranty. I personally believe that the software on the watch is corrupt, this can usually be resolved by simply "Flashing" it again. This can however only be done though Samsung Recognised partners.

You can find some stores here:
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/

Alternatively you can send it to the warranty services, but that will probably take a bit longer.

0 Likes
The_big_1
Student
Options

Hi ya,

How long is the warrenty?

Many thanks!!!!

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Usually two years, exceptions might apply (For special offers and batteries. Batteries are usually 1 year :winking-face: ). 

More information: 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/

0 Likes