What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adaptive battery, my ass

(Topic created on: 04-11-2020 10:39 PM)
Options
I wondered why my battery was draining quicker than my bath.

Oh look it's adaptive battery. Turn it off, NOW.

remove that app, turn it off, do whatever, but do not use 

I have a brand new S20+, and battery lasted half a day on moderate use 

I remove and turn off adaptive battery, and phone last all day.

Surely you idiot in Korea must understand, that battery power is one of the top 3 needs of a phone, especially a smartphablet.

When I used Experia many years ago, their adaptive power was brilliant for extending time, yours do it in reverse.
If I helped or solved your problem, please like or tick solved.

Have been using phones since 1993, and am self taught.

I offer advice for free, cos I think it'll help, if it doesn't, explain why, I might learn something new too.

Current phone Galaxy S22 Ultra
Previous phones: most S series, Note 2, Samsung Alpha, iPhone 3gs, far too many Nokia's!
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Maroš
Voyager
Options
at first u have to set up your phone properly
0 Likes
Options
that comment, makes no sense.

I offer advice for free, cos I think it'll help, if it doesn't, explain why, I might learn something new too.

Previous phones: most S series, Note 2, Samsung Alpha, iPhone 3gs, far too many Nokia's!
0 Likes
Maroš
Voyager
Options
your battery wont last much if u have lots of apps running background.......and that only start of it!!!!! u should go through all settings, and see what u need to be turned on☝☝☝☝☝ its the same as u think u put petrol in the car, so car is moving, but how is moving!!!???
0 Likes
Options
if I don't know how to use my phone after 27 years of owning a mobile, then I should shoot myself.

only change I made was turning on adaptive. I've turned it off, and now my phone at 21:00hrs is 59% after reasonable use during the day, and 3 hrs Bluetooth music playing.

the difference. no more adaptive battery.

so I stick to my post.

nice try, but there ain't much you can teach me ... unless really nerdy or how to root without the long complicated way using a computer.

0 Likes
Maroš
Voyager
Options
ok then, all my devices working perfectly (Samsung always only) cause I work for Samsung Ireland
0 Likes
Options
I've used Samsung for years also. some work fabulous, and some are pains n don't work great.

do you have the international version of the S20+? I do, and adaptive battery burns through battery power. I remove it, and battery lasts ok. nothing else changed, just that.

I've not added any apps since getting this phone a week ago.

as for working for Samsung, don't go shouting that about, a company that won't replace broken handsets under warranty or guarantee, not even when they can't fix the fault.

so I wouldn't be proud of working for them.

guess what, no discounts for accessories any more either for buying a new phone.

0 Likes