Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

about Messenger app on Galaxy A71, where can I find delivery notifications?

(Topic created on: 26-05-2021 08:54 AM)
Nota_Geek
Apprentice
Options

I am in my late 60s and relatively new to Android, having used Windows phone for around 7 years until 12 months ago. I have a Galaxy A71, Android 11 and fully up-to-date. I use the default messenger app for sms. When i send an sms I receive a delivery notification that opens for a second or two on the home screen. However if i miss it, I cannot find it after wards.

I contacted Samsung support and they were unable to help me.  

Are the delivery notifications REALLY not saved anywhere?   So if i do not sit staring at the screen until it arrives, I can never find it?

Thanks.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Nota_Geek: Are you referring to text message delivery reports? If so, have you tried checking the relevant conversation via the Messages app to see if the delivery report is shown here? Alternatively, try heading Settings > Notifications > Advanced Settings > Notification History, and toggle this on to see if the delivery report is reflected here. It may also be visible in your Notification panel by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom. 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't believe they are kept but if you are not in the app there will be a message in the notification bar until you swipe it. For info there is an app called Toast that stores notifications and let's you know when you have any.
0 Likes
Solution
Nota_Geek
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Andrew,  I do not know quite what happened to my post, as I saw it was not all visible (it is now)..   Yes, I am referring to sms/text messages.

No, they do not appear in the conversations (logically I expected them to do so - but this IS Android).  Thanks for the tip about "Notifications History",  I did not know that existed.

It is cumbersome, but at least I can check.   Sometimes I send messages to people who are in other time-zones or out of coverage,  and so I do not see a delivery notification immediately.  Now I do know where I can look.

Thanks.

I miss my Windows phone SO much.

0 Likes
Nota_Geek
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Pugs,  the notification does not show in the Notification bar after its initial appearance. I will definitely have a look at Toast.  Thanks for the tip.