Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A7 2018 samsung pay not compatible

(Topic created on: 11-03-2019 01:07 PM)
Marcingibas86
First Poster
Options

Hi,

2 weeks ago I bought new A7 from samsung store. The problem is that I can't download samsung pay. It shows that my device is not compatible. I know that Samsung pay doesn't work on some phones but I got the phone straight from Samsung!

What should I do?

31 REPLIES 31
Havoc87
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20190308-211110_Google Play Store.jpg

Havoc87
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20190308-212426_DeviceKeystring.jpg

Screenshot_20190308-212535_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190308-212618_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
GeorgeC
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @Havoc87 

Please remove the picture that displays your device serial number & please add a print screen that will show Service Provider SW ver. (see below in the blue selection)

Screenshot_20190308-133448_Settings_v2.png

LE: Can you please also check on Samsung Galaxy App Store if you have Samsung Pay available? It is possible that in SA the app is not available for that device while in UK (or in other markets) it is.

Cheers

Present: SM-N960F | SM-R800 | QC35 | Yunmai Balance | SM-R140 |
Previous: SM-N950F | SM-R600 | QC35 |EE-MG950 |
Havoc87
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20190308-224929_Settings.jpg

Hope this is correct 

0 Likes
GeorgeC
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @Havoc87 

Can you check if your device has NFC as I believe it doesn't and that may be the reason of Samsung Pay not being enabled for your device.

Best

Havoc87
Apprentice
Options

Hi 

No it doesn't have NFC. I don't know how I could miss that. So there's no way I can make my phone NFC compatible with an software update. It's weird that other peeps phones has NFC but SA phones aren't NFC. Doesn't make sense. 

Thanks 

0 Likes
PatrickLe
First Poster
Options

Come from Vietnam, at this point I'm really disapointed (and a little bit annoyed) that our Galaxy A7 2018 has been cut down too many option (Quick charge and Samsung Pay). Actually, I'm pretty happy using this phone for like a half year so far, but now, when Samsung release their A50 with Samsung pay AND Quick charge AND Under display fingerprint, I've been feeling pretty bad for our phone, which is as the same price as A50 (may be a little bit more expensive)...

Sigh, I don't know but... this is not fair, Samsung 😞

0 Likes
GeorgeC
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @Havoc87 

NFC is enabled by a chip which is probably not available, so I don't see how you could solve it via a software update.

Hi @PatrickLe 

Different markets have different requirements and I can't comment on that as I have no idea.

What I would suggest to you would be to contact Samsung support in your country as this board is UK focus and I don't know if you will get the best advice and discuss with them and see what suggestions they have.

Best

Havoc87
Apprentice
Options

I should've just stick with my S6 edge although it's not as fast as this one and it doesn't have the memory or camera this one has at least it has NFC and infrared this phone doesn't have an infrared transmitter that you can use your phone as a remote control. *****!

0 Likes
Ford1
First Poster
Options

Why does samsung pay not work on my phone

0 Likes