Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A6 email settings

(Topic created on: 30-04-2020 09:41 PM)
Njt
Student
Options

Hello, BTinternet have moved to a new email pilot. Since this happened I have not been able to sync email to this phone. At their suggestion I have removed the account and attempting to re-install the account was not recognised. I attempted to do this manually withe settings provided by BT. The account was still not recognised. They have suggested I contact Samsung for advice. Not getting any answer there.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @Njt

Try logging in to your email through an internet browser and see if it recognises your password. If it does, then it is likely you have 2-Step Verification set up on the account, so head over to Security settings here and either disable the 2-Step Verification or follow the instructions to verify the email account on your phone.
0 Likes
Njt
Student
Options

Hi, thanks for the reply. All was ok accessing from my PC and Laptop which was partly why I was a bit lost as to the problem.  Your response wasn't the exact answer but it made me think a little more  (about two steps)  and the problem is resolved.  Quite simply the BT server migration had brought the email address into my BT account. The email address had been setup a long time ago when BT were using external provders for email services so it was always a different password.  Scrapping my email password and using my BT account password has reolved matters.  NjT

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
That's great to hear. Glad you got that sorted after a bit of playing around! Stay safe.
0 Likes