Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52 5g WIFI calling options

(Topic created on: 20-07-2021 10:40 PM)
Geehome
Journeyman
Options

I have recently changed from an A70 to an A52 5g and cannot understand why in Wifi calling I do not have the options to choose from of mobile preferred or wifi preferred.  I used to have this and the A52 is a more recent phone.  I need to use wifi calling due to poor mobile signal at home but the phone seems to insist on using mobile signal that is poor in preference to wifi calling.  I used to be able to tell it to use wifi calling if connected to wifi.  Anyone know if I should have this option available.  

8 REPLIES 8
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
I have the a52 5g and I have they options ? If you pull down the notification panel and go to the quick toggle for WiFi calling and tap on the writing that says WiFi calling (not the toggle ) it should take u in where u can set it to WiFi calling preferred.
0 Likes
Geehome
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for replying Rob and confirming this.  Problem is I don't have this option on my handset.  At least I know that I should have now and will try and take it up with Samsung. Kind regards

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Morning @Geehome ,

I can confirm that Wi-Fi call settings are an embedded feature in the device, please note to activate this feature you must contact your network provider. Once they have been contacted you should be able to use the feature whenever you choose. If the settings have not been inputted correctly then they will not show on the device.

Once the settings have been enabled then from the home screen, tap Phone > Tap the Menu icon > Tap Settings > Scroll to and tap the Wi-Fi calling switch to enable. If the feature does not work after it has been enabled, contact your network provider who will be able to update the carrier settings for your device.

0 Likes
dimitris4
Student
Options

please dont post generic answers and answer the original question, is there a way to make wifi calling preferred over network? i have the same problem , i have slight phone reception and the phone puts the call over the network and dont use wifi calling

0 Likes
RenaultOB
First Poster
Options

I understand this thread is old, but did you ever have any luck with Samsung? They have been less than helpful for me so far and only telling me to do the same generic fixes. My phone is still under warranty so I'm considering asking for a replacement.

0 Likes
dimitris4
Student
Options

no... just hoping it will use wifi calling

0 Likes
RenaultOB
First Poster
Options

Not sure why this replied to the same person twice. Sorry.

0 Likes
RenaultOB
First Poster
Options

Dang, that's too bad. Thanks for the response.

0 Likes