Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

991129 - LEDView notifications for WhatsApp messages is disabled.

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 05:42 AM)
hamidi
First Poster
Options

I just bought a new LED View cover for my Samsung Galaxy S8, but unlike the previous one, it doesn't notify me about new WhatsApp messages. When I get SMS, it indicates it and it re-notifies me if I forget to check it, but it doesn't happen for WhatsApp messages. When I open the cover, I see that I've new messages in WhatsApp, but if I don't, I can't be notified.

What's the problem? Do have I to change something in settings?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @hamidi ,

Let's try to get this sorted. To access the cover's settings, navigate to Apps and open LED icon editor. Tap an icon you want to use for an app notification, and then tap NOTIFICATIONS. Tap Add and then select the app(s) you want. Tap DONE in the upper right corner when finished. Has this solved the issue? 

0 Likes
hamidi
First Poster
Options

Hi
Thank you for your reply.
1. I tried to find the same icon as what appears when I get a new SMS, but I couldn't find it. How?
2. So, I created a similar icon which is not as much beautiful, and then assigned other messaging programs like WhatsApp and Telegram to it. This solved the problem, but I still wonder where's the original icon which appears for SMS so that I may append other programs like WhatsApp to it.
3. I didn't refer to the LED icon editor when I bought the cell phone with LED View cover and it would inform me about WhatsApp messages. What's wrong with the new LED View cover to force me setup a custom icon for these apps notifications via LED icon editor app?

0 Likes