Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 Pie Update

(Topic created on: 14-03-2019 05:49 AM)
CAR4
Apprentice
Options

I downloaded the 9 Pie Update to my Samsung Note 9 and am now having issues with widgets not loading.  When using AccuWeather or Weatherbug or some of the other apps that have widgets included, I have always been able to place these widgets on my home screen.  Now with the new Pie update, the widgets disappear from the screen when either powering off the phone or restarting the phone and therefore, I need to re-add them when doing so.  Also, some widgets never even load.  Also my battery drains twice as fast as before and the phone runs somewhat slower.  Samsung needs to fix these issues ASAP.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

When a major update has completed it can take a short while for the phone to fully index / settle and for some apps to fully optimise or need updating via the Playstore or updating by the developer.

A person can usually contact the developer via the app or email. 

Occasionally if a phone is glitching after an update then if a soft reset via turning the phone Off and On does not help then clearing the phones cache files can help which is via turning the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and delete the cache files. No data is lost this way.

As a very last resort back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
bdt_1978
Explorer
Options
I had exact same issue

There is an update pushed out today which i just installed I'm hoping this will fix the issue- let's see
0 Likes
CAR4
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your response.  I even contacted Samsung tech people and they couldn't fix the issue either.  Then what I did was to leave the widget on my home screen, power off and on and the only thing that shows up when I click the area where I placed the widget is the outline of the box.  So I then went to the app (Accuweather) and opened it and all of a sudden the widget with all of the weather information showed up on my home screen.  So, I've come to the conclusion that when my phone is automatically scheduled to restart or I restart it manually, I need to go directly to the app and open it and then the widget works.  Bizzare but it seems to work.

0 Likes
CAR4
Apprentice
Options
The issue started after the Pie update which was pushed to my phone yesterday. I should say that it also took the phone overnight to update all of my installed apps.
0 Likes
CAR4
Apprentice
Options

I did several of the things suggested, turned the phone in and off, cleared cache and neither of those suggestions worked. I then uninstalled the weather app and reinstalled it and still nothing. However the 2nd day after I installed the new Pie update, all of my apps started updating and when that finished, the weather app started to work and is still working today. So...I find that several of the apps weren't working correctly after they updated, but uninstalling then and then reinstalling seemed to clear up any glitches.

0 Likes